WATCH: Melania shrinks from her husband's vile touch

I kind of wonder why we even care about this, aside from schadenfreude. Which, given the subjects, is probably enough. But there are plenty of real, politically relevant reasons to dislike the Trumps beyond “their marriage is a sham.”

What’s that to do with the wind? An image search for “Melania Trump handbag” reveals that she quite often carries her handbag with her left hand.

FWIW, many women carry their handbag on the side where their partner goes, to protect it and the items within from theft.

3 Likes

Yes, the historic Marie Antoinette was a dynastic pawn, and had no real power to
influence events. At the time of the revolution, she did defend the monarchy and the royal
family. The reference I make is to the frivolity of the ancien regime, the infamous “Let them eat cake” quote (which she may never have actually said), and that at a time of
social collapse, she and the elite we so ethically disconnected from the disasters that they perpetrated.

2 Likes

I suspect her prenup spells out how many times he is allowed to hold her hand in public and he has reached his limit for the year.

2 Likes

Really you watch that video and see she really hates his vile touch. I watch it and see how windy it is and her holding her coat and dress down like a true lady. Get rid of your hatefullness. Lifes to short.

1 Like

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

17 Likes

Too.

Welcome to boing boing; do enjoy your short stay.

21 Likes

Wait, are we talking about Marilyn Monroe now

15 Likes

Well, not just that video.

melania-left-at-car melania-smile-2 melania-smile melania-touch-1 melania-touch-2

14 Likes

13 Likes

I suspect she’s also trying to focus on taking those stairs safely in her high heeled shoes.

1 Like

I think it is naive to think she is anything but a petty, elitist Nazi like her husband. What’s her excuse? “But I get to be First Lady!”?

She doesn’t have to take part in events. She didn’t have to tie the medal onto Rush Limbaugh, she could have just said no. She could divorce the evil sack of shit, for that matter. She’s well beyond Eva Braun levels of complicity. Barely anyone in Germany even knew Eva Braun existed. Trumpette is right there taking part at every opportunity.

6 Likes

It’s not an either/or situation. She can hate Trump with all her heart and be complicit in his crimes.

I suspect she didn’t join this shitshow out of any personal ideological motivations though. I think it’s a simple matter of doing what is expected of her as a trophy wife who married a rich asshole so she could live in wealth and comfort (well, a certain kind of comfort).

14 Likes

Only if Pence were also in the path of his fall and they both were swept into a conveniently located functioning jet engine.

As for Melania herself, yeah, of course she recoils from his touch. I mean, she’s still human, so she doesn’t want to touch him either, but just because she’s also repulsed by him doesn’t make her a good person by any means.

6 Likes

The Vanity Fair article explains a lot of Trump. If all reporters understood that Trump was swiping Roy Cohn’s strategy of being 100% offensive, never admitting fault and never acknowledging facts, they might have been better at holding him to account.

6 Likes

Sure, I think for people like that hate is pretty much standard, so why not their spouses too?

Speaking from experience, if you shake hands a lot you use your left for carrying things so your right stays free. That said, Trump should be on her right side, (slightly preceding because stairs), and offering his left arm to her, but I doubt he even knows what the word “etiquette” means. Of course, given his known fear of stairs, perhaps it is not so surprising that their positions are switched! :rofl:

5 Likes

Certainly a cohn-man! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have this weird thing in which I must always be on the right side of anyone while walking or sleeping, etiquette be damned. It used to drive my husband bonkers when we first got together.

4 Likes

And if you think about it, she is there when the cameras are off, and she sees what he’s been doing with that hand…