Watch: Ocasio-Cortez responds to dance-phobic Republicans with a new dance on Capital Hill

Go read the comments on CNN’s FB feed or elsewhere the amount of rage and anger directed at her is heartwarming. It truly inspiring how much they fear her.

19 Likes

Quite right.

AOC demonstrates why they will lose

2 Likes

I love the way that EVERY SINGLE TIME they try to do something to discredit her, she owns it and flings it back in their faces.

37 Likes

Maybe some Republicans are really bothered about her policies:

A return to Reagan-age tax levels, what is this? It almost makes sense!

15 Likes

Footloose_Bacon_Cortez

12 Likes

I would prefer Eisenhower levels, but you take what you can get.

16 Likes

But Eisenhower levels subject to such massive deductions, the effective rate wasn’t much different than today. No one paid 91% or anywhere close to it.

2 Likes

Little known story behind it’s creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1Nh6c80wo

7 Likes

Look, I’m bothered by her agenda, but I can also say she seems like a reasonably sharp (and quickly losing her rookie media awkwardness), sincere person the likes of which Washington could use more.

6 Likes

surprised there’s no mention that her dance is Ally Sheedy’s dance from The Breakfast Club, and that both Sheedy and Molly Ringwald have said they 100% approve of her video.

30 Likes

Not here, but people in various twitter feeds have mentioned it.

https://twitter.com/JoePeeters1/status/1080967653752270849

8 Likes

Exactly! No defensiveness, no stooping to argue with them on their level. Just, yeah I dance. What now?

7 Likes

exactly. seems like an important bit of context to skip.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s dumb for them to post this video anyway, but that’s dumb piled on the dumb.

This is a little bit like when they posted a pic of Beto from his punk band. Oh shit, they were cool when they were young? Damn, not going to vote for them now!

20 Likes

You expect ancient, stick-in-the mud hypocrites to recognize moves from an iconic 80’s teen movie… seriously?

26 Likes

A woman who controls her body and even flaunts it for her own pleasure, not that of men.

FTFY

10 Likes

well, that’s a bit harsh… BoingBoing writers aren’t that old – in fact, many of them are clearly the same age as me – as in, we were all teens in the 80s.

I was talking about the folks on the right desperately seizing upon that vid as something negative to use against AOC.

That the authors didn’t mention it is tertiary to the fact that the GOP is scared shitless of this young congresswoman.

Not all of us; I was teenager in the 90’s.

:slight_smile:

14 Likes

The GOP argument is a variation of their Elizabeth Warren argument: Ocasio-Cortez is “not what she portrays herself to be.” It’s easier for them to cast doubt on the integrity of progressive candidates than address the issues these candidates focus on.

12 Likes