Watch: Ocasio-Cortez responds to dance-phobic Republicans with a new dance on Capital Hill

Gramps… your house was foreclosed on 2 years ago; what used to be ‘your lawn’ is now a Target parking lot.

All the more reason to believe he knows not what it is.

9 Likes

I’m dancing right now.

21 Likes

The thing is that in order to qualify for those deductions you couldn’t just stuff your earnings into a security and watch them grow. You had to make them work in a way the government considered beneficial. So even if you’re not technically paying the government, they’ve still tricked you into using your money for good instead of hording it.

6 Likes

Brain bleach, stat!

8 Likes

With enemies who post videos like this to discredit you, who needs friends?
This would work as a bloody campaign video for Ocasio-Cortez.
As for the GOP double standard (Warren is unlikable and Ocasio-Cortez is frivolous, whereas Kavanaugh and Trump…): Republicans never found a woman they couldn’t hate. Or a white man they couldn’t love.

14 Likes

But no Jets or Sharks, just Jerks. (In both senses of the word.)

2 Likes

I’m sure there are lots of pics of fogey ol’ Brett (junior dude on the bench of SCOTUS). I mean, he likes beer, right?

2 Likes

Comparing modern top marginal and effective tax rates to those in the 1950s without mentioning tax brackets is kinda pointless. In the 1950s, the 91% marginal tax rate kicked in at $200K(~$2M in 2018) for individuals, with the top 1% of incomes starting at about $12K a year (~$100K a year in 2018). Our current top marginal rate kicks in at $500K for individual filers, while the top 1% of incomes start at $480K a year. So a tiny fraction of the 1% was taxed at a 91% top rate in the 1950s, as opposed to a majority of today’s top 1% being taxed at a top rate of 37%. This disparity hopelessly distorts average effective top tax rates in a way that makes them impossible to accurately compare and contrast. The fact that these historical average effective rates are down over 5% from the 1950s in spite of those distortions does tell me that the top tax rates/brackets/deductions are MUCH more favorable to the 1% than they once were, MUCH MUCH more favorable to the top .1%, and RIDICULOUSLY more favorably to the top .01%.

5 Likes

if it’s all the same, I don’t ever want to see republicans dancing, reminder from the Bush era

12 Likes
12 Likes

Oh please, she’s so far out of their league that it wasn’t even a question. This is like neckbeards saying they wouldn’t bang Angelina Jolie because her knees are too insistent.

7 Likes

Really? Trump supporters are going to imply that someone in public office lacks gravitas? Really?

13 Likes

AOC staffing up:

17 Likes

Will nobody think of the Vice President’s shame?

4 Likes

With glee!

13 Likes

Nah, there’s a country song about that, so that would be pretty “red state”.

1 Like

Fine! I’ll say it…

“Ted Cruz is Unfuckable”

There, are you happy now?

3 Likes

It just occurred to me that with Ocasio-Cortez in congress doing the breakfast club dance, we’ve just entered the future that the 80s prophesied. A hopeful, irreverent, but morally laser-focused youthful movement harnessing the power of music in the face of grumbling old white codgers. She single-handedly turned all those dinosaurs into the evil prinicpals from all thise movies and, to top it all off, the final battle is against a crooked property developer who is imprisoning children and threatening to destroy everything we value in the name of greed. Perhaps the darkness we are currently experiencing is just act 2. We need to tie on our headbands, do a fucking montage and win the goddamn future/save the community center.

Oh and Bernie Sanders is Mr. Miyagi I guess? I’m the most drunk I’ve been in a bit.

45 Likes

Its as if we are going Back to the Future.

7 Likes

Of his current body.

13 Likes