Watch Polish first lady drift past Trump's grabby little hand to shake Melania's first

Dear Diary/twitter

I’m staying in some sh!thole digs in some sh!thole country. Missed my limo on the way in… SAD! The thing is never in the same place or something, it’s shifty like my friend Vlad, ya know? Then at a reception b!tch wouldn’t hold my hand! Melania will pay! Another b!tch wouldn’t shake my hand! Hello, who is PRESIDENT?! At least that’s what Vlad says despite dishonest media. Harumphf! Do I hear a Harumphf? Harumphf! Worst yet the steaks are cooked all red and stuff, not charred to ash and gristle smothered in ketchup like I like it. mm mm MM! Need to get new WH chef as last 3 have committed suicide for some reason. Maybe Vlad knows. Need to ask when I get my next set of instructions and mob money. Cyprus! Who knew? Where the hell is that? Monaco… now there the hookers have real respect. RESPECT! covfefe Like Moscow and St Pete (FL, not that frozen hell). Anyways, the pills are doing their work, will fall asleep then have a massive bowel movement/twitter volley at 4. Another day, another million dollars (I mean taxes and stuff are for chumps amirite?) That’s it for now, dress this sh!t up and post it to my tweedle thing, ok Jared? Great. Yuge. MAGAzz zZzzzzzz! zz zzzzz

11 Likes

Crazy theory but I suspect that his briefings (for him) are like a Charlie Brown cartoon when the adults speak.

24 Likes

Doesn’t matter, since the person doing it is Polish.
But I did also wonder if there’s a little bit of former Soviet-era solidarity in there.

1 Like

Back to the spray booth, mister

1 Like

The BBC is not reliable on foreign news.
During the Troubles I sometimes watched the television news with an Irish friend. There would be a periodic explosion of laughter as yet another Irish place name that a reporter was supposed to be visiting was mispronounced, suggesting the visit was fake.

“Oh sorry, I accidentally reverted to Cold War anti-Americanism when I saw Trump.”

well, i read this AM that they are already shortening important things down to tweet-length so they can keep his attention. i guess there’s only so much they can do.

4 Likes

Matters to me, since I used above-mentioned central european protocol in Slovenia. And probably matures to Melania, and subsequently her husband. If he actually gives a shit.

2 Likes

Ah, now I understand. Yes, I occasionally wondered what social faux pas I might be committing there and in a few other countries I visited. But eventually I realised that it was OK, they were more civilised than us and made allowances.

1 Like

Odds are she will have been bleeding.

2 Likes

Of course this assumes that the people surrounding him have a clue, especially given the sorry state of the State Dept.

3 Likes

Watching that truly made me laugh out loud.

On a side note, Angela Merkel finally got her awkward handshake. http://theweek.com/speedreads/710368/trump-managed-fit-two-cringeworthy-handshakes-into-first-day-trip-abroad

1 Like

He’s absolutely destroyed the ability of the departments to do their job. But I’d bet there are still diligent professional people working hard to make up for all of the harm he has done. Lot’s of people have worked under both parties and focus on being professionals that don’t get sucked into partisanship. With that said, I’m sure every day many of them ask if today is the day they tell him to stuff it.

6 Likes

Jesus, @beschizza – between ‘grabby little handshake’ and ‘orange morgellans monster’ you slayed the copy on this one…:smile::smile::smile:

3 Likes

But Melania married that. I don’t think she should have shook either of their hands.

2 Likes

Or … they did their job but the illiterate oaf didn’t / couldn’t read the brief. Or be bothered to read it because, well, he’s the President, so all protocol is surely: “Me, me, me, me, me”.

4 Likes

There is that… but Trump had that face on well before Agata started shaking hands with anyone. Sorry for coming off as a party-pooper, but I’d like Trump’s displeasures to be REAL (along with PROFOUND and SUPER LONG-TERM).

2 Likes

Having no editing skills what so ever, I’d like to see a super cut of Trump crazy hand shakes, him shoving people out of the way, and people with zen master skills (like this woman) avoiding him altogether, cut to a little Carl Douglas.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Sometimes, a wily Trudeau or muscular Macron will get the better of him, but they’re still playing his game.

I can’t wait until he meets some world leader who pretends to be a martial arts master. But that would never happen, right?

1 Like

I think there’s two side to this interplay.

The obvious side is Kornhauser-Duda breezing past drumpf. Whether it was advertent or inadvertent is an interesting discussion that touches on - amongst other things - ambiguity, the foibles of vision, and possible cultural misalignment.

The glaring side is drumpf’s manbaby reaction.

4 Likes