Watch protestors interrupt Senator McConnell speech with "Moscow Mitch" taunts

That’s the thing about curses I learned from Supernatural- they tend to work better when oddly specific.

Besides I like to imagine Mitch McConnell inside a locked Porta John Johnny Knoxville Style just getting tossed around in hot shit because that’s about all he deserves

3 Likes

Thanks to BoingBoing, I learn something new every day! :hugs:

3 Likes

Obligs:

5 Likes

Intense! :flushed:

(Adds @Melizmatic to list of people to never piss off!)

3 Likes

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

13 Likes

Because that turtle is a selfish greedy asshole who enabled the downfall of our society. Unfuck him.

10 Likes

He had to know it was a hostile crowd, before he walked up to the mic, so why do it? Why would anyone embarrass themselves like that? I was surprised they didn’t start throwing tomatoes and heads of lettuce…it was a farming community, right?

2 Likes

And he can take Leningrad Lindsey with him. All the way to hell.

7 Likes

Thanks to all responders for the insight into this. A few days ago I was surprised by this info on the judicial branch. I knew that Supreme Court judges are appointed for life, but I didn’t realize that lower courts are also filled by the President and hold the same privilege. These powers in the wrong hands … as they are now … I wish you all the best…

5 Likes

Yup. Putin clearly had a vested interest in not having Clinton as the president, since she would have likely taken a strong stance against Russia’s bullying of their neighbors and shit-stirring both in Europe and the US. But he has no particular love of Trump or the GOP; all he and the rest of Russia’s ruling clique want is a weakened, inwards-turning USA and a fractious West that can’t or won’t intervene as they try to extend and expand Russia’s international power and tighten their control of the country.

Like others have said, McConnell gets away with his outrageous behavior, because the rest of the GOP senators let him do so. If enough of them wanted to do it, they could absolutely rein him in, or remove him from his position as the majority leader.

5 Likes

McGrath is terrible - like really terrible, but if she can oust McConnell and more importantly help to flip the Senate then that’s a good thing.

5 Likes

Agreed.

Arrogance and contempt for the “little people” (including the suckers stupid enough to vote for him). It’s a different mindset than most of us would want to understand.

5 Likes

“Beijing Mitch” seems appropriate as well although not as easy on the tongue.

2 Likes

I get your sentiment here but don’t do that. Saying “person x is bad but I’ll vote for them anyway” is exactly the sentiments that got Nostradumbass elected.

Is McGrath perfect? Nope. Can she beat the person we all want out. YUP. That makes her awesome. And we should be championing her for that exact reason with nothing but positive accolades.

Eye on the prize.

3 Likes

via Mike Hot Pence

8 Likes

No, it’s not. It’s saying “person x is bad so why bother” or “person x is bad so I’ll go third party” that got him elected. If more people held their nose and voted for Hillary we’d be living in a very different world.

There’s no changing the fact that McGrath is an objectively terrible person, but given the lack of better options I still hope she wins.

2 Likes

we can agree to disagree on this one. Because you are describing to me exactly the sentiments that made 2016 become 2016, and you do not see it the same way as I do.

I also do not find Mcgrath terrible or horrible as you describe her…again our standards and expectations of political candidates are clearly very different.

A vote is a vote - it didn’t matter what the reason is. I’m not a fan of Manchin or Jones either but I’m glad they are there to boost the D count in the Senate. That doesn’t mean we can’t collectively do better.

And as far as her not being so bad, three words: Trump supporting Democrat.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.