WATCH: Semi truck narrowly misses car

From what I’ve heard, MN mosquitoes are the intercontinental bombers of the airborne blood-suckers set.

1 Like

Don’t forget Wall Drug though I there is a lot more to Mitchell than Wall which was mostly 2 motels, some bars and Wall Drug itself from what I remember. Both sites were totally worth the stop off the road though.

Google books found me this description from 1955:
“…black ice is encountered. This condition of the road, when a partial thaw after a shower of rain has suddenly frozen is the most serious stopper of traffic, causing more accidents than the deepest snow.”

1 Like

In northern WI I recall references to black ice.
Most of the black ice up there wasn’t from rain, rather it was in locations were snow would blow across the road all day long. I assume that the road would heat up enough during the day that when the snow blew across it would melt a thin layer that would freeze as soon as the sun started dropping.

1 Like

It is the state bird, dontchakno.

2 Likes

Must have been summer.

1 Like

I thought he was stopped because the two tractor trailers were actually blocking the road. But, I don’t drive, and may have missed subtle clues to the contrary.

1 Like

Victim of circumstance?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.