Watch: Should Hillary Clinton be impeached? You betcha!

Which if it is all for the sake of a “bit” while I get it and all…it doesn’t help.

Last Friday’s Real Time had Michael Moore, Sarah Silverman, Chris Matthews, and Donna Brazile on. And Matthews actually applauded Sarah Silverman for her show: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_You,_America_with_Sarah_Silverman

She spends time specifically trying to connect with people who do not share her views…which (should not shock anyone) actually works!!! She’s been able through one on one and intimate conversations reach people and egt them to come to the middle a bit, find some common ground.

Bits like the above only further works at ridiculing and making fun of them…which doesn’t really help the problem.

IMO for whatever its worth.

6 Likes

Wait…wait…so definitions matter, but context (impeached from office) does not?

14 Likes

to put someone in a can of peaches.

15 Likes

I’ve always thought that they picked the dumbest people to show Smart people answering questions correctly just aren’t funny.

But those bits are still funny. And don’t those people have to sign a release form?

1 Like

I get it. I never thought much of the “Talking to Americans” bit either. Of course you can find people who will say ridiculous things into a camera (perhaps because they believe those ridiculous things, perhaps not). It’s possible that there is a group of people more prone to saying ridiculous things than another, but that’s not their defining feature.

Actually he once did a bit that was entirely about signing the release form, just getting people to agree to really absurd conditions. Like I said, of course you can get people to say ridiculous things. I don’t really like the passing off of those people as representative of some subgroup of the population rather than as representative of general human folly.

3 Likes

“I haven’t watched the video” but happy to comment is all you need to know about the 2016 election results.

2 Likes

When a comedy show does person on the street interviews, I think guessing that there is unused video that contained less funny responses doesn’t require watching the video in question.

6 Likes

Having watched and laughed wholeheartedly along with many of Kimmel’s street interviews, I have come to the conclusion that Hollywood Blvd is populated by the most ignorant of peoples. Damn.

3 Likes

Given that their favorite news station responds to every Drumpf gaff with “What about Hillary” and the fact that new Drumpf problems pop up several times a day, it’s pretty much drilled into their heads.

2 Likes

Ask a bunch of people who don’t know enough about government and politics to know that you can’t impeach a private citizen who doesn’t hold an office, and you’re going to get some stupid opinions.

Conclusion: the extent to which one should care about a person’s opinion on a topic should be proportional to that person’s knowledge of the topic.

2 Likes

8 Likes

If the doctor says, “I cannot operate on this boy. He’s my son,” where did they bury the survivors?

6 Likes

That was Rick Mercer, and the bit was called “Talking to Americans.”

https://youtu.be/7ZE0TuKTpo4

Enjoy Mike Huckabee congratulating us on maintaining our National Igloo.

3 Likes

Ah, but we smart people KNOW those people are not representative of anything but themselves. We know that if they interviewed US, we would never appear on that TV show.

I still think that’s funny.

And, having since watched said video, I still think there’s less funny material that was edited out.

Yeah! She should totally be removed from her position in The Clinton Foundation!!!

1 Like

Until the next carnival barker comes along and sidetracks their feeble republican brains.

1 Like

Maybe they think it means something like, “impaled”?

1 Like

Of course. They probably shot hours of stuff to get 2 minutes of usable stuff.
But the point is, there are still enough people willing to give their opinions* on camera for network TV, even signing a release form for it, and still be totally surprised when they appear on TV looking stupid. Or ignorant, at the least.

|* It may be their honest opinion. It may be just what they think the TV people want to hear. It may be their best effort at wit so they could “go viral.” (It’s hard to be the one behind the camera keeping a straight face, doing no eyerolls or blink-blinks or other expressions of incredulity at the stupidity of some humans.)

2 Likes

I think this is also a reflection of how excellent of a job the conservatives, their pundits and their media allies have done in casting a negative image on Hillary Clinton. I really believe that most of the people who hate her have little or no specific reason to hate her. But after over two decades of suspicions and accusations half of the population of the USA considers her more of a criminal than Donald Trump.

6 Likes