Watch: Ted Cruz squirms when asked why he voted No for Sandy aid but now asks for Harvey aid

Welcome to the club!

https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/ted-cruz-kisses-daughter.gif

28 Likes

Of course folks need help. But there’s one condition on the money - Ted Cruz needs to move back to Canada for at least a decade.

Sorry Canada.

8 Likes

But the victims of Sandy mostly believed in science, and elected representatives who demonstrated that. Texas, on the hand, knows full well that climate change is a big hoax. See, totally different! Also, that’s why I hope Houston doesn’t get one red cent of federal money. Let Jesus fix your city.

2 Likes

he squirms a little until he recalls his pork diversion bs

people that either support right wings nuts or just don’t follow politics wouldn’t think he was squirming. he’s a jerk bag, but this video displays his skill as a hack for the far right (yes, he actually has skills), however cringeworthy they may be.

3 Likes

Harris County voted for Clinton over Trump 54% to 41%. Texas is not homogeneous, politically or in any other way.

Edit to add link of election results. https://www.click2houston.com/news/election-results/harris-county-election-results-nov-8-2016

13 Likes

For those of us of a certain age:

28 Likes

…that we may know them by their limp.

1 Like

Even stupid people don’t deserve to have their lives ruined by a natural disaster. As much as I disagree with Trump supporters and climate deniers (probably a Venn diagram consisting of a singular perfect circle), they’re American, and deserve the assistance of our government. I’d much rather my taxes go toward aid than killing brown people in wars of distraction.

22 Likes

Ted Cruz is a definite shitbag.

But that didn’t look much like squirming to me.

2 Likes

Cilia moving in somewhat concerted fashion?

9 Likes

He’s like a muppet that someone left on a hot radiator.

11 Likes

Look, politicians often espouse positions that are indefensible. I won’t say Democrats are immune from it, but the GOP has over the last few decades become so entranced with it’s platform that it doesn’t ever consider what the platform means in reality. Theory has taken precedence over actuality.

That said, Cruz is a fool. To vote against NYC’s hurricane relief when his own constituents live in an area far more threatened by hurricanes is just dumb. Even a child would know that eventually nature was going to come calling.

12 Likes

Have not been paying attention? Asleep? In a coma? Ok, I get it was snark. I just had to say that.

4 Likes

Jeeze. Not sure I follow you here. Fuck em. Let em drown. Homeless? They deserve it. What the fuck is your point? There are ways to make people take flood zones seriously. Floods, for one thing.

3 Likes

A simple ‘I fucked up. EVERYONE fucks up. Let’s focus on the current problem instead of making it about me’ would work too. THIS IS NOT HARD CRUZ WHAT THE HELL?!

4 Likes

To follow on from what Towlemonkey said, let’s look at the breakdown of Houston by ethnicity - https://statisticalatlas.com/place/Texas/Houston/Race-and-Ethnicity
02 PM

Marooned, that doesn’t look like the white nationalist, fundamentalist, conservative racial monolith you’re talking about. This looks like a majority minority city with just as many African American people per capita as the New York Metropolitan Area, and twice as many hispanic people. The idea that you’d be sticking it to the MAGA crowd by letting Houston drown is pretty crappy when you’d be punishing two people of color for every one white person who might benefit from the president’s white nationalist policies.

15 Likes

Not everything. Part of it was that it was New York that was affected rather than a Red State.

7 Likes

Screw that; you bought him, you keep him! Besides, he revoked his Canadian citizenship.

7 Likes

Oh, come on. Please?!? You can put him on an ice floe up in the one of the northern territories. You won’t even notice him.

13 Likes

Ted Cruz was the the alt-white hope for dysfunctional President before Trump floated to the top of the primary bog.

He would have made a good dysfunctional President, but not a Cat-5 shitstorm like Trump.

5 Likes