Watch: Ted Cruz squirms when asked why he voted No for Sandy aid but now asks for Harvey aid

Ted Cruz is a definite shitbag.

But that didn’t look much like squirming to me.

2 Likes

Cilia moving in somewhat concerted fashion?

9 Likes

He’s like a muppet that someone left on a hot radiator.

11 Likes

Look, politicians often espouse positions that are indefensible. I won’t say Democrats are immune from it, but the GOP has over the last few decades become so entranced with it’s platform that it doesn’t ever consider what the platform means in reality. Theory has taken precedence over actuality.

That said, Cruz is a fool. To vote against NYC’s hurricane relief when his own constituents live in an area far more threatened by hurricanes is just dumb. Even a child would know that eventually nature was going to come calling.

12 Likes

Have not been paying attention? Asleep? In a coma? Ok, I get it was snark. I just had to say that.

4 Likes

Jeeze. Not sure I follow you here. Fuck em. Let em drown. Homeless? They deserve it. What the fuck is your point? There are ways to make people take flood zones seriously. Floods, for one thing.

3 Likes

A simple ‘I fucked up. EVERYONE fucks up. Let’s focus on the current problem instead of making it about me’ would work too. THIS IS NOT HARD CRUZ WHAT THE HELL?!

4 Likes

To follow on from what Towlemonkey said, let’s look at the breakdown of Houston by ethnicity - https://statisticalatlas.com/place/Texas/Houston/Race-and-Ethnicity
02 PM

Marooned, that doesn’t look like the white nationalist, fundamentalist, conservative racial monolith you’re talking about. This looks like a majority minority city with just as many African American people per capita as the New York Metropolitan Area, and twice as many hispanic people. The idea that you’d be sticking it to the MAGA crowd by letting Houston drown is pretty crappy when you’d be punishing two people of color for every one white person who might benefit from the president’s white nationalist policies.

15 Likes

Not everything. Part of it was that it was New York that was affected rather than a Red State.

7 Likes

Screw that; you bought him, you keep him! Besides, he revoked his Canadian citizenship.

7 Likes

Oh, come on. Please?!? You can put him on an ice floe up in the one of the northern territories. You won’t even notice him.

13 Likes

Ted Cruz was the the alt-white hope for dysfunctional President before Trump floated to the top of the primary bog.

He would have made a good dysfunctional President, but not a Cat-5 shitstorm like Trump.

5 Likes

Houston is a white minority city that voted strongly Democrat, which would normally mean they are gonna get screwed, but nearly 40% of the population is Hispanic, which means Republicans are going to be falling all over themselves to be seen as helpful there. The people who are going to get screwed over this time are in the 90 other counties that are getting washed out, even though they voted for Trump. They remain both largely minority and poor and are too far away from TV stations to get more than a single flyby report unless their devastation is really photogenic. But watch: National news will still find white people there who praise Trump’s response (not Government, not Republicans), even if they only receive pennies.

Houston is getting the press coverage, but this is about the entire Texas Coast. Every dime that doesn’t go to Houston is going to be screamed about.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t even feed that shitbag to a polar bear, let alone have him die on a floe and his remains pollute our water.

5 Likes

The slime dripping from that monster’s face is disgusting! The Alien clip is disturbing as well.

Isn’t that assaulting a minor?

Sort of off topic, but what happened to the video around Tur’s eyes? I thought it was maybe a makeup glitch, but she blinks and her lashes go back where they belong - it has to be a video error…?

2 Likes

Hey, if that’s the story Ted wants to go with, will he support a single-subject rule for Senate bills? That way we can avoid these squirms and it’ll only take a little more diligence on the Senators’ part.

If not, then aren’t we setting ourselves up for more politics in disaster relief, where federal help only passes at the moods and whims of lawmakers, as a matter of timing for the disaster?

6 Likes

Trump is a Cat-6. he goes so far into batshit I look between cartoon dystopian future villains and trump AND WANT THE CARTOON SUPERVILLAIN INSTEAD.

12 Likes

When Texas doesn’t get enough money, put the microphones in his face and in Cornyn’s face and make them explain why they couldn’t fight any harder when thousands of were in need.

3 Likes

The people of Texas get my unwavering support and best wishes in this trying time.

But as a NJ resident, the assholes they elected to Congress can all die horrifically and painfully (favorite method of doing so, being eaten by bears) for voting down aid to my state after a natural disaster.

8 Likes

I would have gladly voted for Gorilla Grodd, Braniac, Lex Luthor or Doctor Doom over the Malicious Mango any day of the week! At least those people were geniuses, relatively competent, and thought big.

Hell, Trump isn’t even at the leadership level of Cobra Commander. At least he could keep his inner staff around for a couple of seasons.

15 Likes