Watch Ted Cruz's cringe-y funnyman routine at CPAC

Sorry, I think I am gonna have to pass on that. His face is about all I can stand in this post. Add his shit-eating voice and I will damage company property.

8 Likes

To preface: I say this out of concern and not body-shaming.

Is Ted Cruz gaining weight by the day?

1 Like

I try to look everywhere but.

2 Likes

Also not body shaming, just observing - I was actually thinking the opposite. I think the suit might be the best thing to happen for overweight men since forever. Compare the pics of him in casual clothes

versus the suit. It’s kind of striking.

(Edited to remove the “Thinner” reference. I thought you said losing weight. Cocktail hour may have started early this Friday. Oops.)

4 Likes

Yep… “hy-larious.”

Ted Cruz, “The Aristocrats!”

2 Likes

Not getting your face eaten off by a leopard is just dumb!

2 Likes

Ah. I was focussing on his head and neck from the CPAC visuals.

1 Like

Oh, fuck no…
Didn’t watch the other one, either. I less I hear that fascist bastid’s voice, the happier I am.
Besides, ‘conservative’ ‘humor’ seems to be funny only amongst themselves.
ETA:

These people aren’t ‘conservative’. Let’s just call 'em what they are:
FASCISTS.

This doesn’t matter when they can successfully gerrymander/voter suppress the votes of their foes.

ALL of which plays to their base.
They have laid out the rules they intend to play by; we ignore these loons at our peril.

3 Likes

11 Likes

No, I will not watch. F**k Cruz.

Triple joke score for using a Q mariachi band

6 Likes

I like his earlier stand up better.

2 Likes

Channeling his inner Guilefoyle on that Freedumbs.

1 Like
Watch Ted Cruz’s cringe-y funnyman routine at CPAC

1 Like

Conservatives are just not funny. Fact.

1 Like

I can only think of one context where Ted Cruz could honestly be called a funnyman

5 Likes

I saw a Youtube video, I can’t remember who but I remember it being a relatively famous comedian talking about that.

They said it’s because conservatives, intentionally or not, don’t understand compassion in the context of power dynamics.

Like, they always end up punching down because they’re disgusted by minorities and what they perceive as weakness.

Conservatives can’t do comedy because, really in the end, they lack empathy, and comedy can only work when you’re empathizing with your audience and subject matter.

7 Likes

Nah, as a performer, he peaked at high school:
cd74652f411565929f72eaa4f648f3ca08b67de9_1_375x500

3 Likes

Yep, even that ill-fitting mess Cruz is wearing is better than nothing. Imagine if he had a decent tailor.

4 Likes