Watch: Tesla's Cybertruck "Armor Glass" fail

That reminded me of the chase from “Short Time”, where the gag is that the Cop is actively trying to die in the line of duty.

This film gets extra points from me as Dabney Coleman and Matt Frewer are called Burt and Ernie, and act accordingly.

5 Likes

No, I am neither a borrower or a lender…

3 Likes

man that car is so stupid and janky… it’s going to sell like crazy isn’t it…

1 Like

It does bear an uncanny resemblance to Lara Croft’s chest…

1 Like

ARK 2!

8 Likes

10 Likes

That would be the Bollinger B2 pickup:

It’s an all-electric Class 3 pickup, with body panels deliberately designed to be replaceable by any shop with appropriate sheet metal, a press brake, and a riveter. Most of the lights, gauges, and running gear can be sourced from J.C. Whitney or standard truck-part suppliers.

It’s meant for pretty serious DIY field repair.

9 Likes

Yeah well, it’s also purrrrdy those are handsome lines

2 Likes

3q27rx

2 Likes

Just make sure they add some side view mirrors and crumple zones in that thing. We’d miss you!

Really - it looks like an unfinished concept car. Most companies don’t roll those out to the public.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Elon said it would look like an APC. He would have seen South African Ratels during his formative years

3 Likes

I thought the reason they used that glass in the windshield and not the side windows was that it would make escaping the vehicle in a roll over or if you drive into a body of water all that much harder. Like don’t folks have seat belt cutters and glass breaking tools in their cars for just such occasions.

2 Likes

I will always and forever think of this as “The Minecraft Truck.”

ETA: …and I would absolutely own one.

2 Likes

You are correct!

3 Likes

The windows shattered as if they were made from candy.

Really? That’s not what I saw. Looks like standard laminated safety glass.

2 Likes

You obviously missed the part where I said it would be awesome to the max.

2 Likes

I had a guy punch my windows for like 10 minutes once when I was being an ass and laying on the horn during a traffic jam.

I had to wash off the blood and if you look closely, you can see the scratches.

If this glass broke like that, it was designed to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elon asked for glass that could not be breached under X pounds of pressure. The engineering dept promptly came up with a glass prototype that would use its outer layers to absorb the impact and leave the window whole, but look funky.

And then the engineer sees them pick up a metal ball and…

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Landmaster was my first thought as well, though I only thought of it as “The vehicle in Damnation Alley”

1 Like