Watch the full, uncut Trump interview with Axios and Jonathan Swan [VIDEO]

We can’t even console ourselves with the thought that, even though Trump is dumb, at least he surrounds himself with a team of experts who will steer him on the right course. The only people left in his administration are ones who let him do whatever he wants. Who on his team thinks it’s a good idea to have Trump keep doing these interviews?

6 Likes

There is no team in trump. It’s TV, he’s going to play his part whenever there is a lens in front of his lie hole.

5 Likes

The other option is ‘truthy, but irrelevant.’

• closed the border with China! True, but then pissed any possible benefit of that against the wall by a) leaving all the other borders open, and then b) not doing anything with the window of opportunity it did buy.

• more tests than anyone else! Probably true, but a) the US is the third most populous country in the world and by far the richest so you better be doing more tests than anyone else, and b) what are you doing with the test results? Oh, right. Next to nothing.

Edit: because composing on a phone sux

5 Likes

holy shit, Sarah Cooper really has her work cut out for herself now.

9 Likes

Even he thought Trump was cringey and banal in that interview

4 Likes

A Covid test that takes 10 to 20 days to gets results is completely worthless.

6 Likes

even that’s not accurate. he just says it so much, people believe it.

americans were free to come and go, some were later found to have had the virus, and cargo – and all the related personnel – have been coming and going non-stop as well. that’s nowhere near a “closed border”

For starters, health experts say Trump was wrong to refer to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban,” … he said he “closed down the borders to China and to other areas that are very badly affected.” That’s not accurate.

Ron Klain, White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue. "First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn… [Second], there’s no restriction on Americans going back and forth. There are warnings… But today [after the restrictions], 30 planes will land in Los Angeles that either originated in Beijing or came here on one-stops, 30 in San Francisco, 25 in New York City.”

my favorite though is this other article – about his hyperbole.

As we have found with prior claims from the president, Trump’s assertions have progressively grown:

Trump, March 5, Fox News town hall: But as soon as I heard that China had a problem, I said, “What’s going on with China? How many people are coming in?” … [Y]ou both know that I closed the borders very early. …. You know, it saved a lot of lives .

Trump, March 17, coronavirus task force briefing: We closed it down to China, the source, very, very early. Very, very early. Far earlier than even the great professionals wanted to do. And I think, in the end, that’s going to be — that will have saved a tremendous number of lives .

Trump, March 24, Fox News virtual town hall: I made a decision to close off to China. … Thousands and thousands of more people — probably tens of thousands would be dead right now if I didn’t make that decision.

Trump, April 7, task force briefing: And I was called all sorts of names when I closed it down to China. …. If I didn’t do it — if I didn’t do that, we would’ve had hundreds of thousands more people dying.

6 Likes

Fair point. That’s why I prefaced everything with ‘truthy.’

4 Likes

But why doesn’t he, fearful troglodyte that he is, only leave the bunker to commune with “safe” propaganda outlets like Fox, NewsMax, NewsBusters, OANN, Breitbart, and QAnon’s twitter feed? What possessed him to allow an interview with Axios?

————————————————————————————————————

On Trump’s bizarre “sympathy” for Ghislane Maxwell, it must be rooted in his transactional ethos: Maxwell is wealthy, therefore, Maxwell has the capability to be of benefit to him and is to be protected. Unless the wealthy person is his unambiguous “enemy” (like Jeff Bezos), no amount of “bad press” can shake him from that instinct.

2 Likes

Yeah, Swan did a good job w/ this. I’ve only seen the shorter edited version (maybe 12 minutes or so), but it seems he stuck to his guns throughout. Will watch the full later.

2 Likes

He just smiled and gave me a yo-semite sandwich.

So, four minutes in and (in full screen mode, and admitting I also have cabin fever from staying at home for months now, and a tin hat image conjuring suspicion that intense radio waves are crashing through my brain from the new wifi router)… (in other words, is it just me or…) and and his head seems to be separate from his body.

Wow, what a job by Jonathan Swan. I want to see him as a debate moderator.

3 Likes

Speaking of Monty Python there’s this piece of brilliance:

10 Likes

Laughing at loud!

That was funny.

or…

7 Likes
3 Likes

Dear gods, thank you.

1 Like

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

I can’t…FUCK!!

2 Likes

I have to warn you, though, even reading it is painful.

2 Likes

El Presidente reeeeally tripling down on the well-wishing for Maxwell, not in any way signaling she’d be Epstien’d if she talks, nope, absolutely what he’s not saying like the Godfather at all.

1 Like