Watch the weird way Mitt Romney blows out the birthday candles on his Twinkies cake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/12/watch-the-weird-way-mitt-romne.html

3 Likes

Better than blowing germs all over the Twinkies though.

18 Likes

Is it weird that “awkward uncomfortable office banter” is exactly the mood I would have predicted for a Mitt Romney in 2019?

Staffer: Hi boss we got you a cake.
Romney: [forced laugh] That’s all I ever wanted. I will have festivities now. With you all. In a normal human way!

41 Likes

This is actually a much more hygienic method for extinguishing birthday candles than blowing all over food that someone else will eat.

except that he was still blowing all over the cake.

And this is exactly what I’d expect from some rich prick that pretends that he is doing all those cake takers a favor when he is really screwing them over as usual.

9 Likes

“Paige designed that!”

Designed it? Its a bunch of twinkies stood up on end…that’s not design!

8 Likes

I thought twinkies went out of business. Where did he get them? Does he have binders full of twinkies or something?

16 Likes

Yup, that’s about what I expected from a guy whose favorite meat is “hot dog.”

7 Likes

twinkie

18 Likes

This is the second place I’ve seen this posted. The first time I ignored it because it just seemed like a cheap jab, but this time I took the bait. What the hell is that? Is it a Mormon thing? Has he never been to a birthday party? Is he a germophobe?

Also, dude needs to get some art on those walls. Although I imagine it will involve an eagle, the capitol building, the US flag and some sort of shallow “inspirational” quote so… Benjamin Moore will do just fine.

3 Likes

Just use an airhorn and blow the candles out. Wooo

8 Likes

They got bought out and are making snacks under the Hostess name again.

6 Likes

For those who can’t wait for the video of him eating a candy bar, here’s a preview:

22 Likes

Classic

7 Likes

Also,

3 Likes

But he likes twinkie best. And dingdong next best.

1 Like

Paige is thinking outside the Twinkie box.

If it were my design, I would flip them on their backs and put a candle in each frosting hole.

2 Likes

AND, look at all the wishes he gets besides the one.

Work smarter, not harder.

How does Trump do birthday cakes? It… it’s a smash cake like you give a 1 year old, isn’t it?

5 Likes

Ew. Twinkies are gross.

The whole event is discgusting from beginning to end. The only way this could be worse is to put Cheez Whiz as frosting on the cakes.

4 Likes

It’s disturbing. I mean, the guy probably has a store room of crap to hang on walls that he is given every time he meets someone important or signs something. But nothing for his office?

And that desk… is it the first desk ever to have drawers and shelves facing outwards, or is ol’ Mitt sitting at the back of the desk?

Is this even his office, or is this an empty storage room that they use to stage videos? What the hell is happening here?

6 Likes

He’s Mormon. They don’t celebrate birthdays. This is all alien to him and even sacrilegious. He may have never had a birthday cake in his life.

2 Likes