Watch the weird way Mitt Romney blows out the birthday candles on his Twinkies cake

I…uh… I am fairly certain that’s not acceptable in Mormon land.

2 Likes

Is he in some sort of governmental position now? Did sucking up to Trump pay off, I mean I expect so because he has flags. I mean I would think that some billionaire who had flags in their totally nondescript little piece of shit office and wasn’t required to was a little weird, but since Mitt is just a totally normal human type of guy you could might like to drink a near beer with if the occasion calls for that kind of light-hearted socializing I guess he must be in government somehow.

I can confirm Not a Mormon thing, in my experience, and Mormons do celebrate birthdays. They have a LOT of other weird things they do and believe, but that’s not one of them.

My favorite two quotes about Mittens are from Paul Constant in The Stranger “A former CEO who couldn’t look more uncomfortable in a pair of jeans if he were allergic to denim.” and “the cloud of entitlement that circles him like a caviar fart”.

14 Likes

Tough crowd. In another life, you’d all criticize Obama for wearing a tan suit on a Thursday in late August.
[EDIT: It was on a Thursday in late August.]

5 Likes

Remember the donut bit?

Live on CNN, Romney attempted to compliment a group of Americans on the wonderful donuts they had given him. Unfortunately, he couldn’t remember what the darn things were called.

Oh, 2012. A simpler time.

3 Likes

He’s one of the two senators from Utah, and he’s the reasonable and progressive one.

3 Likes

On what day? :smile:

2 Likes

You need a Twinkie Wiener Sandwich!

2 Likes

His staff seems to genuinely like him. That’s not nothing.

9 Likes

I had twinkies with a Swedish friend that was visiting the US for the first time, she was curious what the big deal was and neither of us could make it through the first bite. There was something very artificial about the taste, it was so different than what i remembered from eating it years ago. Ugh it was gross

7 Likes

alien

11 Likes

Mmmm… Twinkies and near beer… mmmm.

1 Like

mmm “food”

1 Like

Mittens 20-Never!

3 Likes

Having tried them once, I’m not sure germs can survive on Twinkies.

7 Likes

I need to watch UHF again!

4 Likes

I was going to add who gives a fuck about Mitt Romney, but everyone here said it way better than I could have imagined :relieved:

1 Like

Having had 4 kids and eaten a lot of birthday cake over the years, I can tell you that when I get my piece of cake, I prefer it without candle wax splatters on it, and if I’m the designated blower, I try to keep that from happening so other people can enjoy their cake too. And removing the candles is something that needs to be done before consuming the cake. I don’t find removing the candles and blowing them out to be weird - struck me as actually considerate. I don’t agree with his politics, but have no problem with his manners.

11 Likes

Well, it’s before labor day, so there’s no problem.

1 Like

I was coming here to say the same thing.

Sure - his corporate raider days destroyed the lives of many, but he seems to have drifted into a comfortable situation with a staff that cares, a smile that shines, and a shitty office for a multi-millionaire.

3 Likes