Watch the weird way Mitt Romney blows out the birthday candles on his Twinkies cake

It’s better than Trump seems to have. Now I want to see what kind of cake they would get him.

2 Likes

I’m more amazed at the idea that I’ve never thought of a Twinkie cake before.

Yes Twinkies will survive the apocalypse and they are dubious frosted origin at best but damn it they’re delicious. And I kind of want that cake now. Does that make me a horrible person?

2 Likes

It’s the beef that makes them special! (For real)

1 Like

I must ask that you NOT tease videos like this if you can’t deliver on the implied promise of Romney farting out candles on all fours like a cat in heat

7 Likes

Hostess went bankrupt and was bought out several years ago. The new company fired all of the previously unionized workers that wouldn’t take a significant pay cut.

Since then, everything they make tastes like shit.

7 Likes

I was hoping to catch his sweat towel :frowning:

That is Mitt Romney’s business career at Bain Capital in a nutshell, so he’s got something in common with his favourite snack.

7 Likes

Were they so much smaller before the bankruptcy and buyout? Or is this a new owner thing? Even when I’m tempted to buy one, they’re so much smaller than the Hostess products of my youth that I can’t do it.

1 Like

If this video shows Romney puckering his lips, then I’m taking a pass on watching it.

I’m just wondering, they all sing “Senator Romney”. Would his staff all call him this? Would no-one just call him Mitt? It seems awfully formal to me. But I’m from New Zealand where we are quite a lot less formal than Americans seem to be.

I am now ambivalent about buying them from that. I do break down for Zingers (originally from Dolly Madison) every once in awhile.

ETA when they were scarce Safeway had store brand ‘twinkies’ that were just as good.

3 Likes

Maybe you were thinking of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

7 Likes

You don’t get it do you? See. . . my method is to sneeze on the cake, then it’s ALL MINE.

6 Likes

I can’t get over “my favorite snack—twinkies!” Either he’s an aesthetically-deprived/stunted sad bastard if that’s true, or it isn’t true, and it’s some sort of weird fake populism or he’s trying to put a brave face on a weirdly underwhelming birthday gesture (“We couldn’t be bothered to get you a cake, but the gas station had some Twinkies…”).

“Because these Twinkie brand snack cakes are a popular human snack, they are my favorite, since I am a regular human being!”

6 Likes

He seems more believable as a pseudo-human than Ted Cruz at least.

3 Likes

I dunno - Ted makes a pretty believable asshole anyways.

5 Likes

I can’t tell from that when they started shrinking the size of the cakes. But they’re definitely smaller. They were still the original company when we would get them—in college there was a Hostess store that would discount once a week, and we’d all head over and buy a ton. I wasn’t a big fan of Twinkies, but liked cupcakes and Ho-Hos.

I also had a preference for Zingers. Those were awesome.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that would be when. The new owners.

2 Likes

“Twinkies! The only thing whiter than I am!”

7 Likes

just as… what now?

2 Likes