Watch these "freedom" defenders bully masked families walking to school in Beverly Hills

When you’re that deep in conspiracy theories and woo, UFO Fighters are rightfully intimidating.

9 Likes

What makes you think IRA isn’t the genesis of all these groups? For some of them, that’s already been established.

17 Likes

It took a second to unpack the IRA TLA. “Why would the Provos care?”

In a research paper put out by the little-known in-house journal of InfraGard – a national security group affiliated with the FBI – experts warned the US anti-vaccine movement would also be connected with “social media misinformation and propaganda campaigns” orchestrated by the Russian government.

13 Likes

So um…what does the law say on using pepper spray in such situations? Just curious!

3 Likes

Common sense asks: Are you going to spray that around kids?

7 Likes

Fortunately the FBI is getting involved with this now, but no clue if they actually accomplish something before more violence happens. (I believe there was already violence at a school board meeting somewhere.) Some groups are asking their members to tone things down a bit. They’re working on their media presence now.

I wouldn’t doubt an early assist by Russia, but I know for one group there have been changes in communication tactics due to leakers. Facebook is the recruiting tool, but Telegram is the communications tool of choice. For really important stuff, they meet in churches for planning. No e-trail.

3 Likes

Don’t they have precision, non-mist pepper spray for this kind of situation?

4 Likes

I had a little thingy what squirted out mace-type stuff in a thin stream.* I imagine it was rather more precise than a mist, but there’s less risk of hitting the wrong target w/a fist.

*Here’s a scene in Repo Man involving one just like mine:

12 Likes

Keep America Free
OF DISEASE!

4 Likes

Hmm.

9 Likes

'Cos bullying students is always a good look, historically speaking… /s

21 Likes

Bagheri later shouted, “This is rape. They’re trying to rape our children with this poison. They’re going to rape their lives away.”

Nickles? This kind of asshattery calls for a sock and a trillion dollar coin… or, maybe a dog turd.

19 Likes

At least it would promote the wearing of masks.

3 Likes

I’m rooting for COVID

1 Like

I’ve completely lost faith in humanity, between this kind of idiocy and our collective failure to address the destruction of our environment.

The human species is maladapted to its habitat, in a way that seems destined to bring about its own extinction. If the challenge is to evolve or perish, humans are stampeding headlong towards perish. Humanity as a whole hasn’t evolved enough critical thinking, conscience, future planning, compassion, or humility to survive. Some have, but it’s not enough to overcome humanity’s baked-in traits. Meanwhile the Christian death cult is over there fantasizing about the end times.

I don’t have it in me to completely give up. I’ll keep trying to make my corner of the world greener and kinder. It feels like pissing in the wind though. And if I had kids I wouldn’t be able to sleep for fear of their future.

Time will tell, maybe the cockroaches will do a better job.

5 Likes

I was curious so I checked out some recent sermons they have posted online. I want to be absolutely clear, I do not support anything about that organization and I even stood with an American flag along with a biker group at a soldiers funeral (freind of our daughter) when they showed up to protest. It’s was actually very moving for the community to band together and keep those monsters away. They ended up protesting a few blocks away because they couldn’t get near the church.

But… I was surprised to see they acknowledge the virus and the deaths and the numbers. Of course they believe that it was sent by God as punishment but they also seem to believe the vaccine was sent by God. Their premise seems to be you can’t trust man without trusting God. They also believe the Bible literally so they believe all leaders came into power because God wanted it that way and they are to listen to those in authority as long as they also trust that God is ultimately in charge.

Seems a little screwed up to hate the gays who God also created but to listen to authority when it comes to health matters. Might be they aren’t too sure about their reward so they’re covering their bases and want to live as long as possible.

Oh, and their sermons are very difficult to read, I don’t recommend it.

3 Likes

I wonder how they reconcile that idea with the fact that so many elected leaders support reproductive rights and laws protecting LGBTQ people.

11 Likes

What little I read is that God allows all leaders even the evil ones. Still seems odd that if God can install leaders why can’t God install only leaders that follow his will.

It’s my firm belief that when I get to heaven God will be sitting there with the biggest facepalm ever. That goes for every religion. He’s going to be sitting there shaking his head and mumbling that’s not what I meant you idiots. That goes for me as well. I’m sure I also got a lot wrong. Of course maybe God could have wrote a book that wasn’t full of cryptic versus that could be interpreted a hundred different ways.

7 Likes

Let’s just call this the “Daily Deadly Antics of Stupid People During the COVID-19 Pandemic”

#NeverVoteRepublican - they spawn stupid like it’s nobody’s business
#TaxTheChurches - they spawn stupid like it’s nobody’s business

7 Likes

It’s the sheep calling the sheep sheep

7 Likes