Watch: This adorable 300-pound Tibetan mastiff trying to climb into car looks more bear than dog

Originally published at: Watch: This adorable 300-pound Tibetan mastiff trying to climb into car looks more bear than dog | Boing Boing

7 Likes

That’s a BIG boy:

27 Likes

I’m calling bs on the 300lbs… that vehicle should have moved some.

8 Likes

If that dog is actually 300 lbs it is horribly over weight…

Also, the correct solution to this problem is a ramp! They’re Great Dane approved…

IMG_0723

23 Likes

Agreed. My two Danes come in at 175 and 170 lbs, and either one alone rocks the suburban as they scamper up the ramp into the back…

I’d be interesting to see what that dog actually looks like wet!

8 Likes
5 Likes

More like Barkley from Sesame Street.

8 Likes

Are we sure that was a dog? From where I was sitting, it looked suspiciously like Mr. Snuffleupagus…

19 Likes

Mostly just hair…same dog, shaved and wet:

23 Likes

Is there a special badge for unwittingly posting simultaneously about Sesame Street? Because there should be and @evadrepus and @ClutchLinkey should be the inaugural recipients.

Also: Naming rights for said badge are now on the table…

11 Likes

Well, I think now we have a reference for what Mouse looks like climbing into the Blue Beetle. That dog certainly looks like a “Dogasaurus Rex”.

7 Likes

It reminds me of Barkley from Sesame Street.

16 Likes

Now I know what my Dear Wife has to see every night when I climb into bed. The horror I put her through.

22 Likes

“One of these things is just like the other…”

7 Likes

Simulsesame Street?

9 Likes

Sesame Streetwise :child:t4: :nerd_face:

11 Likes

One of the original characters on the German Sesame Street was a bear called Samson. He looks even more like that doggo.

19 Likes

I’m surprised you can get your dogs to use that ramp. I had one in the back yard for my last Basset Hound when he became arthritic…had to build tiny little railings before he would use it. Now, our GSD is afraid of stairs, so the ramp is back, but she would not use it until we installed tiny rails again (really, tiny; they’re only about 15 cm tall :slight_smile: ) Regards to the Great Dane. I have a friend that has two of them, and a chihuahua. Goofyness overload.

8 Likes

I like this one the best. Gives me…(sesame) street cred.

5 Likes

agree, no way that dog is 300 or even 200 lb

2 Likes