Watch this preacher cure coronavirus through the TV

It’s conductive gel, like they use for ultrasounds. It helps to transmits the cure better.

1 Like

It used to be “Lay your hands on the radio, Brothers and Sisters!” The times, they are…er, aren’t…changin’, a ____and his money are soon parted. Guess there were lots of _____ being born every minute. Fill in the blanks with your choice of gullibility.

3 Likes

There is a direct correlation between this charlatan and the charlatan in the White House.

As long as scum like him is allowed to bilk a willing audience, we will have to fight against the Trump types who take advantage of them.

3 Likes

I have to say, that is the second most horrifying “Edgar Suit” I’ve seen.

I hope this guy doesn’t broadcast in 4k, since all the flaws in his disguise will be much, much easier to detect.

2 Likes

That’s a slippery slope. Once you bust a religious fraud, there’s no stopping the process because they’re literally all frauds, and it won’t end until every preacher, priest, rabbi, mullah, swami, etc. is in jail.

I don’t want my tax money going to pay to keep them all in prison. Way too expensive.

Instead, let’s take away their tax exempt status. Grifting is less attractive when it’s less profitable.

11 Likes

Does it make me a bad person to hope that this grifty a-hole contracts, then has a rough time with Corona?

I mean, letting his flock (of sheep) watch him suffer while he clearly has no ability or gift to prevent or cure his own disease, would be a teaching moment IMHO.

1 Like

I think it’s biblical KY jelly.

1 Like

The FCC can fine the NFL $550K for having too risque halftime show but not do anything about this bullshit?

2 Likes

It is probably olive oil, designated to be used for “anointing” someone.

sigh

This makes me yearn for a millstone and a sufficiently deep body of water.

What does the bible say about Kenneth Copeland?

For such men are counterfeit apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, since Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. So it is no great surprise if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, but their end will correspond with their deeds.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods—that prophet shall die.’ If you say in your heart, ‘How will we know and recognize the word which the Lord has not spoken?’ When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord and the thing does not happen or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

And in their greed they will exploit you with false arguments and twisted doctrine. Their sentence of condemnation which God has decreed from a time long ago is not idle but is still in force, and their destruction and deepening misery is not asleep but is on its way.

2 Peter 2:3

I could go on, false prophets ripping off the credulous and old is nothing new, and well documented in scripture that “Rev.” Copeland appears to be unfamiliar with. Name-it-and-claim-it prosperity gospel preachers are antithetical to what Christianity is about.

4 Likes

I wonder if he could cure male impotence via the laying on of hands.

Sounds like a job for Sacha Baron Cohen.

3 Likes

Reality and fact ARE positive choices. Medieval belief systems? Not so much.

I’m going to try and parse this with my limited knowledge:

If you’re Catholic/Protestant: yes, think it, you did it.
If you’re Jewish: no, think what you want, do the actions that get you to reward
If you’re atheist: yes, if this is how you spend your time/energy. My jury is still out if you have a smidgen less sympathy for him if it actually came about.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.