Weird Al steps forward to disclaim Kid Rock parody video: "That's not me. That's actually Kid Rock."

“Still Billy Joel to Me” is pretty harsh, enough so that Al never released it, to my knowledge.

3 Likes

My understanding is that Weird Al seeks out the OK from the original artists before releasing his parodies, and it’s not surprising Billy Joel didn’t give him a thumbs up on that one.

4 Likes

I mean, you can pick which insane clown from the posse you want.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m going to need everyone to stop telling Kid Rock how to live. He seems pretty upset about it.

5 Likes

Oh, I’d be just fine & dandy with him not living at all…

8 Likes

Ah yes, our doggo was a puppy at Christmas and earned the official title glitterpoo then.

5 Likes

“Detroit till I die”… uh, didn’t he (rather famously) move to Nashville like 15 years ago?? Seriously, when that’s how the song STARTS…

3 Likes

snl-fred-armisen-joy-behar-who-cares

5 Likes

Last month I queued up several Halloween playlists on a sort of “mega-mix” resulting in a lot of older tracks (Zacherley, Boris Picket, Andrew Gold) and more recent ones (Marilyn Manson, Danny Elfman, ICP). It was with mixed horror and amusement that I realized how many of the ICP songs I was actively enjoying and marking “like” to add to my standard collection. I’m still processing how I feel about this; I have no urge to drink Faygo, so I think I’m ok, at least.

5 Likes

At a truck stop I found my first bottle of Faygo and got some. They weren’t bad!

5 Likes

Wow the Idocracy soundtrack took it’s own sweet time to get released

2 Likes

Pretending…riiiiight…o.k.

2 Likes

Faygo is good pop/soda, with lots of flavors, and cheaper than the big brands (though they’ve raised their prices recently.)

I haven’t caught up with ICP yet (I’m not a huge rap fan)… but I’d much rather listen to them than Kid Rock. (And, of course, Weird Al rocks whatever genre he works in… and puts on a fine concert, too. :grin: )

10 Likes

I would rather listen to an entire fleet of cargo trucks carrying fingernails crashing into a chalkboard factory than listen to Kid Rock…

9 Likes

Plus all the Faygo you can choke down. It’s almost a win-win.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.