"Welcome to the end of democracy" says pro-Trump speaker on stage at CPAC (video)

If it was a joke, the guy at the podium who said “Amen” didn’t get it.

And Posobiec was indeed holding up a rosary. Who needs democracy when Jesus is on your side, right? (/s)

12 Likes

The MAGA Catholics are either delusional enough to think they’ll be one of the “good ones” when the evangelical theocracy is installed, or that they’ll somehow maneuver to be holding the levers.

While the rest of us know that they are charter members of the Leopards Eating Faces party.

17 Likes

They’re dropping the veil, laughably thin though it was. All that matters now is how many Americans are proudly fascist and to what extent the Democrats will allow them to cheat and overrepresent themselves during the election. Biden’s administration may be more progressive than expected, but I don’t hear very much about any efforts to get out ahead of gerrymandering and voter suppression. I’m not sure they’re taking the threat seriously.

15 Likes

It may be anemic this year partly because serious allegations of sexual assault on men have been leveled at Schlapp, the organizer. Of course, being a sexual assailant is part of the brand, but they are not ok that he’s attacking men.

11 Likes

Joking? Fascists can’t take joke. Who do they think they’re lying to? The only thing they can take is a fistful to the jaw.

11 Likes

I don’t think they can take a fist to the jaw very well.

FSISN4Z

26 Likes

The last “thousand year” Reich made it twelve before its Führer killed himself in humiliation and defeat. It of course did an unfathomable amount of damage first and these fascists need to be kept as far from power as possible. But it wasn’t the end of democracy, and in the end this wouldn’t be either, because good people are never going to stop fighting against them.

26 Likes

And this is absolutely nothing new. These people have been on a mission for decades to bring about Gilead. That’s not a metaphor, an overreaction or political spin. It’s what they say, out loud, every damn time they open their mouths. The only thing that has kept the concern over this in check is the media and public’s unwillingness to accept that they mean business and they have been winning! They’ve got a 30+ year head-start and we’ve got ideals. This has got to become the primary talking point this cycle or everyone loses.

21 Likes

There is just a hint at the beginning, especially with Bannon playing it up with a “hohoho”. And the right loves to “jokingly” own up to what they are accused of. (“Oh yeah, we are such terrorists!”)

To be clear, I don’t think they are joking. People with less media literacy or not paying attention may still be thinking they are playing “Say crazy stuff to own the libs.”

12 Likes

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone about Project 2025. I hope everyone here is familiar with that, but for anyone who isn’t, please Google it and read about it. They have a website, and they have their plan for Trump’s first 100 or 180 days in office planned out in detail, and it is scary stuff. These people aren’t pretending or hiding behind plausible deniability anymore.

34 Likes

In one generation, the USA went from “Yay, Democracy!” to “Fuck Democracy, it’s time to go Fascist!”.

Which I guess says a lot about how close the US been to being Fascist all along…

9 Likes

What are some good get-out-the-vote and voting rights organizations to support?

(I’ve supported Fair Fight for some time, but I see that it’s cutting back on staff and activity due to the expense of lawsuits :frowning: Gift link ↓)

edit: asking everyone here, not just you Hanglyman

15 Likes

I’m betting this guy is
983dd39a9a0fbb461563f2a4a925ad2b4012a981_2_1380x848

13 Likes

The wedding ring on that guy’s finger doesn’t support the “Catholic priest” theory (though there are rare exceptions to the rule).

17 Likes

I’m also not sure what the heck that’s supposed to be on the chain around his neck.

It’s not any kind of crucifix I’m familiar with.

8 Likes

Clay crack pipe

15 Likes

“T for Trump” maybe. He’s pretty much replaced Christ in the evangelical movement already.

19 Likes

He’s just lucky my dog hasn’t seen that snack round his ignorant neck.

10 Likes

“Yay, Democracy!” in the US has always been fighting a close battle against "Fuck Democracy. From the very first days

to, well, now.

There has never been a time when “Yay, Democracy!” could sit back and relax secure in the knowledge that it had won in the United States.

22 Likes

In one generation, the USA went from “Yay, Democracy!” to “Fuck Democracy, it’s time to go Fascist!”.

Along those lines, I struggle to understand why EVERY Democrat that currently serves in Congress and the White House doesn’t utter this simple message at every opportunity: “A vote for Trump is a vote for fascism.”

9 Likes