Wellness influencers are convincing people to shove coffee up their butts

Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Do all these woo people have any explanation as to why autism still occurs at all? Even if only 5% of the claimants actually had a “cure” (or whatever that means for something with a very wide spectrum of effects), autism should be vanishingly rare.

3 Likes

Is it? What’s the justification? Is it that we should view the proposed coffee enema thing as ridiculous, so it’s okay to mischaracterize what the proposed action actually entails*?

*No pun intended.

I am not particularly taking the side of the coffee-woo crowd here, I am just interested in the use of language.

Hyperbole (which when read literally is, yes, a mischaracterization) is a form of humor. I’m not sure that the fact that some don’t find any particular instance humorous means it shouldn’t ever be used. :thinking:

5 Likes

This sounds like a great way to reach the LD-50 for caffeine in a big hurry. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

I suspect there is a lucrative market of gullible fools who would pay a premium for organic fair trade high altitude rainforest single variety decaffeinated coffee beans if they were told it made the best enemas.

Quick question - has there been the inevitable news report from an emergency ward because someone couldn’t wait for it to cool?

4 Likes
8 Likes

A Butt coffee that already was in a butt.

6 Likes

Soooooo many places to go with this, and almost all of them are NSFW, or would earn me a suspension or ban from this place. :smiley:

4 Likes

eatbu

3 Likes

Oh, I am certainly not suggesting that!

2 Likes

Make sure you let it cool first, though:

Seriously, though, do let it cool.

4 Likes

“…and every orifice must be monetized!” is the chorus refrain of my (never)soon to be released musical “Jeremy versus Heath Incorporated” (the merch bag contains ear candles, some old crystals, and a foot ‘detox pad’)

2 Likes

The view from my desk

(please pardon the coffee & tea stains)

Fun fact: I once auditioned for the voice of TMCM in an (as far as I recall, unproduced) animated version. (I didnt get the part.) Good heavens, that would’ve been 29 if not 30 years ago…

8 Likes

Love it! I’ve got a TMCM mug close by as one (one of the huge ones). Shannon Wheeler was something of an early mentor for me (my handle is from a random panel in one of his comics). In fact, the first time I ever heard of coffee enemas was when he asked if I wanted to write about them for the short-lived Too Much Coffee Man magazine. 18 year-old me passed on that opportunity :coffee:

7 Likes

Now that you mention it, smoking sometimes had the same effect on me that coffee does (i.e. sending one to “the library”)

When I go for my yearly flu jabs (and the recent covid ones), I will invariably approach reception and say: “I’m here for my ten o’clock stabbing”. I never thought of it as hyperbole, though I see it is. Nurses usually chuckle along with me.

And as for shove - a common vernacular here in the UK. “Shove it up your a…”

4 Likes

GIF by Supercompressor

3 Likes

Seriously. The proper verb is “pounded,” obviously.

5 Likes

Yes, but hot or cold brew?

1 Like