West Virginia lawmaker on rape: “What is beautiful is the child that could come from this.”

Hi AcerPlatanoides - I’m not sad, I’m happy. And I’m home right now, with my loving family.

I respect that we may have different viewpoints, and I’d be happy to hear yours.

12 Likes

Oh, give up. He wouldn’t back down if he was on top of K2 and reverse gear was the only thing unfrozen.

3 Likes

People who are disappointed with Boing Boing

An enemies list? That’s so tacky. Not to speak of deeply insecure.

1 Like

I don’t deserve the pedestal.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Believes Fox News is… what?
This is just beyond insane!

Haven’t visited there in a while… post by Antinous, a moderator not forgotten.

1 Like

How come only one side gets to willfully ignore facts?

1 Like

nunya business.

Hey I see the guys point, when life hands you Rape Lemons you should make Rape-a-naide or something.

Can we do a takeback on the whole southern thing? Can we just let it secede…

8 Likes

The thing that is beautiful about this is that if Republican candidates keep talking about rape then they will do more to discredit themselves in the eyes of at least half the population if not more. The democrats could possibly win the next election on the platform that voting Republican is the worse option.

3 Likes

Crap. Having finally found the article from 2004, it appears that it was actually Virginia, not West Virginia.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41683-2004Jun14.html

It seems Virginia is the one that is both for Lovers, and Underage Lovers.

1 Like

Unless Kurcaba is going to personally raise and support these putative children, he should shut the fuck up. Assclown.

5 Likes

Given the other things they’ve done already, I really wonder whether anything Republicans do, EVER, would be enough to discredit them to the people who support them at this point. The sad truth is that there are actually people who think saying shit like this is a good thing, there are quite a lot of them (despite the fact that there being any at all is baffling), and this will garner more support from them. We live in Bizarro world.

Don’t worry, West Virgina is still bent on turning it’s literal foundation into a honeycomb of fracks and cracks and will eventually sink into the bowels of hades with all the mining and mountaintop removal it’s doing. Eventually the whole state will be perfectly level, then collapse into all the million cubic foot caverns it has created.

Nah. It would have lost the impact. Scrolling through the GOP list of rapists and hypocrites was like the beginning of Star Wars, A New Hope, where the Star Destroyer just keeps coming… and coming… and coming…

Links usually are preferred to avoid cluttering a thread with a wall of text, but this kind of usage is an exception. The very fact that it IS a wall of text is the point… much better to have it posted this way.

12 Likes

I know a few Republicans who will disown him as “not being a real Republican”. As usual they’ll be confused when I add he’s not a Scotsman either.

2 Likes

The exception that proves the tool.

(the tool being the WV lawmaker)

1 Like