What does your pizza-munching strategy say about you?

Why all the argument? Can’t we all just agree that pizza of whatever type one prefers is wonderful food, so let’s just shut up and eat already?

2 Likes

Don’t you realize this is important?!?

6 Likes

All this pizza talk has made me so hungry for pizza that I can’t even pizza think.

3 Likes

at the risk of getting the Discourse warning for posting too often in a single thread, i am gonna go start some dough for pizza. FSM knows i have enough basil and tomatoes at the moment for about ten thousand pizzas.

3 Likes

Do you do deliveries?

3 Likes

When should I arrive for supper?

3 Likes

Do you do Montreal-style?

1 Like

Huh, i’ve never heard of Montreal style, but it looks intriguing.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/55911

Fresh mushrooms and fresh green peppers, doesn’t that just strike as an almost impossible task if you wanted to use anything other than button/cremeni and bells from mexico? I.e. most mushrooms have a season that is diametrically opposed to peppers.

This sounds like a fun challenge, don’t let me forget it (it still kills me that my two year old caper plant died, which I was intending for nova lox–i enjoy long food challenges :smiley: ). Or I can just go to the store like normal people.

ETA gawd i love the smell of my hands after i’ve kneaded dough. i’d be a baker in a heartbeat if the hours didn’t suck so bad.

Are you sure you want it slathered in Sriracha and Parmesan?

I hear ya. The reason I disappeared offline was that this thread made me so hungry, had to get out of bed (it was 6am-ish and I’d gone to bed about 4) and eat something. Not pizza though, l had to ignore the siren call of the pepperoni currently in the fridge.

Anyway, wanted to ask: what do you all think of egg as a pizza topping?

2 Likes

Of the many benefits that pizza enjoys over Lasagna di’Chicago that has not yet been mentioned in this thread is pizza’s versatility as a leftover.

One of my favourite delights is to cut a hole in a leftover slice and fry an egg inside, toad-in-the-hole style.

Toad in the Hole? Isn’t that called Egg in the Basket?

1 Like

OMG why have I not had this dish yet? I should so make this.

1 Like

British ‘cuisine’.

1 Like

That too. I’ve also seen it called “hobo eggs.”

1 Like

Oooh. That sounds pretty good. But here in Aus we have - no doubt not at all traditional, but great, ‘Aussie’ pizza - which is usually topped with ham, bacon, onion and the aforementioned egg.

Dammit, I’m hungry again!

2 Likes

How about Greek Style pizza? Not Greek flavored pizza… the hard/fluffy crusted, oily, over cheesed pizza made by Greek-run sub shops in the Northeast.

I usually eat that shit with a fork and knife. Its just so greasy on top… and sometimes the cheese is so thick and tough that you can risk pulling all of it off the slice trying to bite through it. And the crust at the end is inedible, so you crust first people are completely SOL.

Also, why is there no option for “JUST EATING IT”? There are certainly pizzas out there that do not require folding, or crust first eating, or cutting.

You should! English food tends to have a bad reputation, but Toad in the Hole is relatively cheap to make (especially if you already have eggs, milk and flour to hand), filling, made of delicious, and takes virtually zero effort (if you have an electric mixer. Getting all the lumps out by hand can be a bit of a chore). It’s been a favourite of mine since I was a kid and I could probably eat it until I weighed the same as an elephant and it was coming out of my ears.

This is the “pizza” experience I had while in Moldova in 2007:

http://www.andys.md/en/pages/menu/8/

Corn. Mayonnaise. Canned tuna.
Have to admit, some were rather “normal”, but even the crazy ones tasted okay.

When I worked at a pizza restaurant we basically did that for breakfast. Dough, eggs, bacon, cheese. Hells to the yeah from this side of the fence.

2 Likes