What, me Coronavirus worry? Spring Breakers refuse to quit partying in Miami

This. My parents are mid to late 70s and they have said they would prefer to spend time with their grandchildren than just stay couped up and avoid everyone.

…without a toilet. So mummy and dada can hoard the TP for themselves.

You sound like a pretty smart and thoughtful person, so let me ask you which you suppose would be worse for the economy: (1) a substantial shutdown of the economy of the type we’re seeing now, mostly mandated by the government and accomplished by voluntary cooperation, or (2) a shutdown of the economy caused by an unchecked rampant virus that kills millions of people and collapses our supply chains?

12 Likes

As a nod to Stephen King’s The Stand, we need to start calling it “Captain Trumps”.

11 Likes

“You can’t take it with you” doesn’t apply to grandkids I guess

5 Likes

Spring Break partiers…being completely stupid since FOREVER.

3 Likes

Needs more likes! by someone who knows what they’re doing

2 Likes

Good point. Maybe phrase it if they are worried for their grandparents and whether their actions might affect them.

But really, and I say this to include myself, young people barely know their assholes from their elbows and are generally much more likely to engage in risky behaviors.

3 Likes

How about just “trumps,” like mumps?

5 Likes

Well, thank god you don’t get to decide that for the rest of us…

Don’t treat what YOU or YOUR family want as an excuse to make the situation WORSE for the rest of humanity. Act as if other people are people, too. This sort of extreme individualism is how we got here and it’s only going to worsen the crisis.

14 Likes

I mean you can, but I think that’s called murder 1.

I wish a few of these kids had added, “And anyway, President Trump said it was nothing to worry about, and he wouldn’t lie, would he?”

6 Likes

It seems that humans are the same, the world over:

10 Likes

I was thinking negligent homicide, but you may be right

3 Likes

tumblr_20426bc47e4e96a7db6c775a23a30015_75d4a3ba_540

1 Like

Like, just label a stadium with “Come here for Spring Break…now lasting all Spring!” Fill it with kegs and mardi gras beads and lock the door. Sounds like a plan.

7 Likes

It’s easy to be angry at this idiots, and they are idiots, but this really is the fault of the government.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around here.

1 Like

How kind of you to consider all the employees of the libraries and bookstores and bars and their contractors and those people’s families who maybe don’t share your cavalier approach to life-or-death, but would be forced into dealing with every infected asymptomatic person who feels that entertainment is more important than other people’s lives.

Guess what? Millions of people dying is going to tank your precious economy just as well as closing businesses for a few weeks. But I guess as long as you get to have a social life, that’s okay.

14 Likes

bugs_bunny_saws_florida

5 Likes

Wait a minute, that first kid, is he…

…this guy?

12 Likes