What the Bible *really* says about tearing immigrant kids from parents

The Age of Reason, anyone?

3 Likes

Apparently it has a long and fruitful history of being used to justify horrific actions well beyond the Antebellum South.

4 Likes

The parents, naturally. They chose to bring their children into the country illegally after all.

/s, obviously

2 Likes

All they had to do was read just a few more words and they would have gotten to -

Romans 13:10 New International Version (NIV)
10. Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

5 Likes

Leviticus 20:10 – And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Matthew 5:28 – But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Does Sessions know anyone, anyone at all, who has committeth adultery?

9 Likes

I want this tweet engraved on Trump’s gravestone as a shining example of what a pool of fecal matter he is. I don’t care what party you’re in. I cannot conceive of anyone thinking of putting children in concentration camps as “winning”, or deciding to build tent camps and then blaming it on another party.

4 Likes

DSL is a prequel, its cast are are all… primadonna.

3 Likes

I wonder how it would go if just one american child was seized and held in such conditions, taken thousands of miles from their parents, when their parents tried to leave the US?

I hope all the smug people who are enjoying seeing people suffer, or even just justifying it, come to be reminded about the goose and the gander, and soon. The lack of empathy I’ve seen on PROUD display onthis topic is… greasy.

I can’t imagine how powerless one must think they are to cheer on this punching down at children.

3 Likes

Obligatory repost:

9 Likes

I hear ya, and it’s part of the problem that that is even a risk. We’re responsible for a lot of extreme things these days.

To Jeff Sessions and any asshole who comes up with excuses for creating gulags for kids

9 Likes

And frankly, I am sick and tired of hearing dRumph claim its the law and its the Democrats fault. No. 1 - it is not the law, it is a policy. No. 2 - that policy was put in place by him and his keebler elf AG.
This is a humanitarian crisis put together by the “toxic cockwambler” in the oval office, as a distraction from getting caught with his hands in a “charity” and the hammer coming in the form of Mueller’s indictments.

5 Likes

Really, it’s rookie-level dictator shit. You unlock that in the tutorial level as your first upgrade on the “propaganda” tech-tree.

1 Like

FFS they’re already claiming this is a “democrat” law and “can’t change it”

Which is mind-blowing. It means he’s got NO idea how the government works. You can’t “dibsies” a law or say “he who makes it breaks it,” and second, the GOP has the house AND the Senate AND the Presidency. This is willful.

I’ve had arguments with people recently who retreated into “well, the law is the LAW, and you can’t change it.”

To which I replied, “If you can’t change the law, then you’re saying we DON’T live in a democracy.”

Makes 'em think. They’re all about ignoring the liberties of others, but that puts THEIR freedom in the spot-light.

2 Likes

victoria died in 1901. Do try to keep up.

2 Likes

That’s a BIG problem. It feeds into the “my opinions are better than your facts” type of thinking. Which, is lazy. And a LOT of the worst offenders of “using the Bible to back up bull-shit” are relying on that sort inerrancy WITHOUT having applied critical thought. Or even having read the whole thing, just the cliff notes, at best. (TBH, there are lots of parts that are really boring in there. Lot’s of big words, dry passages, and if you’re gonna go with the “real” Bible (The King James, natch) there’s a lot of thees and thous and stuff. And darn it, it’s hard).

Of course, having a “pro” do it all, and having an “authority” on things interpret FOR you gets you a Dark Ages Catholic Church.

Would still make a better president.

2 Likes

the divine right of kings died with the glorious revolution-- and without that, the british would never have gone shopping for a german king.

Oh, wait…

Franz, Duke of Bavaria?

never mind.

3 Likes

It would be interesting if a member of the current administration got criminally charged while visiting a foreign country. It’s far from straightforward, but I don’t think it’s impossible.

Haha! Noted.

1 Like