Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

My kids wanted to see that on a half day shortly after it came out. I’ve never checked out so quickly while watching a movie.

1 Like
3 Likes

Saw Wish today. It was good! Not great, but good. The music was a tad less catchy than Frozen and nothing like as good as Encanto. But what is as good as Encanto’s music?

I don’t know why so many critics thought it was mediocre or bad. Some, of course, would be racism. Wish has a mixed-race heroine and diverse side characters. The bad guy is a white dude.

The star was cute. Several scenes with the goat, Valentino, made my kid laugh out loud. The ending was powerful.
We all liked it, the kid liked it a lot. That’s about what I want from a Disney animation

2 Likes

At least seven kinds of diversity! You’ve got happy, sleepy, sneezy, grumpy…

1 Like

Huh that went right over my head. I suspect I missed a lot of those

I wonder if this means that the Karate Kid is not a multiverse. But what about all the fanfic?

Karate Dad, more like. Waxing on, waxing off using one of those cordless not-an-angle-grinder thingies.

Spoilers for the Attack on Titan manga and anime…

My review of new Dr. Who:

Soldiers of the Psychedelic Sun!

I don’t think that won’t spoil anything and would be great band name.

2 Likes

I only watched a couple of minutes but did I get the point? Don’t watch Attack on Titan?

Today was good day I watched Dr. Who review above and The Boy and the Heron review below:

WATCH IT!!

1 Like

According to him, it has a shitty ending and is kind of promoting fascism, so yeah, I think that’s the point…

2 Likes

I just finished watching the video. It’s not a video decrying the series as a whole. In fact, it strongly praises the ending based on a “galaxy brain” take on it. It’s neither saying to watch the series nor ignore it. That’s probably for the best.

Based on my own experience with the series (anime only, since I haven’t read the manga or even the side manga) and what he says in the video, I can tell you that it’s a compelling story that is ultimately not well written. Whether or not to get into it depends on what you want to get out of your stories. AoT is a violent, nihilistic story in world with an unclear mythology. There are likable characters engaged in cool action sequences. The message or messages in the story are not entirely clear, which can be seen as a huge fault considering how people have taken it.

1 Like

Feel Better Episode 8 GIF by The Simpsons

3 Likes

Behind the Creation of PLUTO | MAKINGFLIX | Netflix Anime - Piped

Catsuka (@catsuka): ““Behind the Creation of PLUTO”, a 16min (english subtitled) Netflix video with interviews of Masao Maruyama (producer), Shigeru Fujita (character designer), Takahiro Miyata (CGI / FX), Mitsuhiro Sato (compositing). And some Shinya Ohira work. Full video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig9-EHmuf8M” | nitter

1 Like

Doctor Who

I’ve enjoyed both episodes so far, tonight’s being particularly enjoyable and doing some neat bit of character work (the Doctor is bi? :smiley:). Have to say i am loving having Tennant back again and his sprint around the new TARDIS interior like a child was a joy to watch.

3 Likes

I’m only one episode in, but this is a lot of fun so far.

2 Likes

… i am not the target market for this, but before changing the channel I must dislodge cat from lap

imdb.com/title/tt22085924

It was also great to see Wilf back, if only for a moment. They’ve been sitting on these specials for a while.

1 Like