Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

4 Likes

Booms ´n Babes!

2 Likes

Only watched the first episode so far.
Very funny, misunderstandings galore.

Hint: if you decide to watch this, DO NOT scroll past the closing credits.
:grinning:

1 Like

Halloween last year

8 Likes

Perfect!

I went to a party once as the new Number Two. Stitched that hem on the blazer, handcrafted the lapel pin, wore a scarf and carried an umbrella. I was very proud of my costume. Nobody knew who I was. :person_shrugging:

9 Likes

I had varying results based on age.

Over 60: knew right away
35-60: no clue
Under 35: knew, but only because of the Simpsons parody

9 Likes

One of my pet theories is that after a while they1) gave up on trying to find out why Number “I am not a number” Six had resigned and just used him to stress-test their own personnel, like someone who had applied for promotion.

1) Only they know who them are.

5 Likes

We visited Portmeirion a few years ago, so I got to introduce my millennial kids to the show. My son bought a “I am not a number” sweatshirt, and reported that he got quite a few comments on it, all from olds like me. :older_adult:

9 Likes

The Halloween before the pandemic, I went to work as Number 6. I kind of went in hoping I’d be surprised by who could identify the costume. Similar to you, not a single person could. Not even the ones outspokenly familiar with British TV knew. (I think that really just meant Doctor Who and Downtown Abbey, and maybe the original The Office and The IT Crowd.)

5 Likes

along similar lines I once shaved my beard leaving mutton chops,spiked up the sides of my hair, and added a cigar. to finish it off, I wore a sprinters. jersey and spirt glued a red glass disc to my palm.

no one got that I was Logans Run

6 Likes
3 Likes

handmaids tale again; opens my head and helps me to keep certain things in perspective.

1 Like

I watched 3 or four episodes of Monk this weekend. I know it’s an old show, but I didn’t have time to watch anything when I was younger. I was curious because at the time Mr. Monk’s adventures had a lot of fans. I found the mysteries and the way they were solved to be a bit silly. But I really liked one character in particular. Ms. Sharona, the detective’s private nurse with serious psychological/psychiatric problems, is sensational. I think the series should be about her.

Lets Go Monk GIF by PeacockTV

10 Likes

I think there was a specific time-period, where the side-characters were always more colorful and interesting than the lead.

4 Likes

That looks fantastic!

1 Like

You summed up quite well why I stopped watching that show! Enjoy the ride…

Ride Pig GIF

5 Likes

Season 2!

2 Likes

In part one i was all in for the ornithopters, in part two…

:astonished:

Watch it on an iMax, i beg of you.

2 Likes

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

Not for me. Might go see it in the theater, but will skip the puke-inducing large screen, thanks.

6 Likes

Hmmm… definitely a sensory overload, for sure.

2 Likes