Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

In the book they do elaborate a little at the council. He mentions having Aragorn help track Gollum down, questioning him, and then giving him to the Elves of Mirkwood to hold as a prisoner. The original reason Legolas is there is to let them know Gollum escaped during an orc attack.

Edit: I owe some coke to Kathy.

3 Likes

If you need to score some coke Saruman the White is always good for it.

4 Likes

■JAPANESE FILM FESTIVAL ONLINE 2024

See the complete lineup for JAPANESE FILM FESTIVAL ONLINE 2024

550x300

The largest ever JAPANESE FILM FESTIVAL ONLINE 2024 will feature a total of 25 titles. The lineup includes such timeless and cross-genre masterpieces as We Made a Beautiful Bouquet by Yuji Sakamoto, which won the Best Screenplay Award at the Cannes Film Festival, and JUNGLE EMPEROR LEO, aka KIMBA THE WHITE LION, an animated film that won the San Marco Silver Lion at the 1967 Venice International Film Festival.

- List of available titles (23 films, 2 TV dramas series)

• Some titles may not be available for viewing depending on the country.

[Films]

1. We Made a Beautiful Bouquet (2021 / Romance, Drama)
A tale of romance that follows the best five years of two people in love.

550x358

See also: Introducing 5 Select Works of Yuji Sakamoto, Winner of Best Screenplay at the Cannes Film Festival

2. Single8 (2023 / Drama, Coming-of-age, SF)
A coming-of-age story, set in the 1970s, about a group of high-schoolers who passionately make a film together.

550x358

3. ANIME SUPREMACY! (2022 / Drama, Anime, Business)
Delightful story about people pouring their passion into anime production.

550x358

See also: Do Only Otaku Like Anime? A Director Asks the Question with Anime Supremacy!

4. Baby Assassins (2021 / Action, Comedy, Coming of Age)
A dynamic and powerful action comedy about a pair of former high school girls who are also highly skilled assassins.

550x358

5. The Lines that Define Me (2022 / Drama, Art, Coming of Age)
A story of a young man who finds his wounded soul restored through the world of Sumi-e, a traditional style of black ink painting.

550x358

6. JUNGLE EMPEROR LEO, aka KIMBA THE WHITE LION (1966 / Anime, Classic)
TEZUKA Osamu’s monumental masterpiece that became the cornerstone of Japanese anime.

550x358

7.FATHER OF THE MILKY WAY RAILROAD (2023 / Family, Drama, Biography)
A family drama depicting the life of nationally-renowned Japanese author MIYAZAWA Kenji, told from the perspective of his father.

8. The Handsome Suit (2008 / Comedy, Romance, Drama)
A fantasy romantic comedy about a man with no confidence about his looks who one day gets a hold of a suit that makes anybody handsome by wearing it.

9. School Meals Time Graduation (2022 / Food, Comedy, Drama)
A food comedy about a teacher and a student who love school lunches, and together, appreciate the importance of food.

10. BL Metamorphosis (2022 / Drama, LGBTQ+, BL)
A heartwarming tale about two women who strike up an intergenerational friendship through manga.

11. My Broken Mariko (2022 / Drama, Road M ovie, Sisterhood)
A road movie about a woman who goes on a journey carrying her dead best friend Mariko’s bones.

12. The Zen Diary (2022 / Food, Drama, Japanese Culture)
A drama that ponders about what true wealth is through the beauty of nature throughout the four seasons and through the allure of meals with rustic flavors.

13. WEDDING HIGH (2022 / Comedy, Business, Drama)
An ensemble comedy of memorable characters who gather for a wedding, each bringing their own passionate feelings to the big day.

14. I am what I am (2022 / Drama, LGBTQ+)
A film about “being your own cheerleader” as a woman, uninterested in romance, seeks to find a life of freedom without outside judgement.

15. KIBA: THE FANGS OF FICTION (2021 / Drama, Business, Mystery)
A battle of wits between magazine editors trying to survive in the industry.

16. The Lone Ume Tree (2021 / Family, Drama)
A challenging yet heartwarming story about an autistic son and his aging and loving mother living among their communities.

17. I Go GaGa: Welcome Home, Mom (2022 / Documentary, Family)
A daughter’s moving record of her mother with dementia and her father who endlessly showers his wife with love.

18. WE’RE BROKE, MY LORD! (2023 / Comedy, Period Drama)
A samurai comedy about a young prince who runs around trying to pay back a debt of 10 billion yen.

19. TWENTY-FOUR EYES (1954 / Classic, Drama)
A moving tale about a teacher and twelve students who lived through a time of war.

Four Award-winning Films of the “Japan Horror Film Competition”

20. BEST WISHES TO ALL (2023 / Horror)
Is there somebody on the second floor? What did the college student see at her grandparents’ house? The memorable winner of the inaugural Japan Horror Film Competition.

21. closet (2023 / Horror)
A terrifying closet versus a young man. A new style of horror depicting the fears hiding in daily life.

22. KARAKASA (2023 / Horror)
An umbrella you must never open…A frightening killer umbrella flies across the sky!

23. The Invitation (2023 / Horror)
A new type of horror film about a house you must never dare to enter.

[TV Drama]

1. Downtown Rocket (2015 / TV Drama, Business)
A moving and popular drama about a small Japanese town factory taking on the fight against large corporations.

2. RIKUOH (2017 / TV Drama, Business, Sports)
A moving drama about a “tabi” (Japanese traditional socks) manufacturer’s rise to the challenge of developing running shoes.

The dates and times, countries/regions and subtitle languages are as follows.

●Dates and times
June 5 (noon) to 19 (noon), 2024: 23 films
June 19 (noon) to July 3 (noon), 2024: 2 TV drama series (20 episodes)
*Japan time. The number of films/TV dramas and the period of distribution vary depending on the country/region.

●Countries/regions (27 countries/regions in total)
1.Europe
France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK

2. Africa
Egypt

3. Asia
Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Mainland China, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

4.Americas
Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Peru, U.S.A.

5. Oceania
Australia, New Zealand

●Subtitles
16 languages: Arabic, Burmese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese

Special website : https://jff.jpf.go.jp/watch/jffonline2024

Stay updated: follow official JFF+ social media channels for the latest news!
Facebook, X, Instagram

3 Likes

Cable TV 2.0?

4 Likes

2 Likes

MAX is gonna go what MAX does, I guess

1 Like

It’s gonna be on netflix…

Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

1 Like

But that means we have to wait for Netflix to collect numbers to determine if another season is viable. I want more of a good show now.

Eff GIF

3 Likes

Some spoilers for the film in the interview…

1 Like
4 Likes

More about the cancellation and subsequent removal of Willow in Disney+. Big budget shows are most in need of immediate viewership support to keep them going. This makes perfect sense. It’s difficult in practice, though. I know I have increasingly limited time to give shows. I know other people can be hard to convince to invest time in new shows. And Willow is one of those movies whose cult following never really blossomed.

Sure, why not? I want this to be good. It’s just hard to be optimistic about it.

1 Like

A few hard and fast requirements if they want to do it right:

1. Must be shot in black & white.
  2. Spider-Man must drink egg cremes.
  3. Spider-Man must punch Nazis. A lot.
  4. Just let Cage ham it up all he wants for this thing. Deadpan delivery on an inherently silly concept: a campy superhero by way of Raymond Chandler. Don’t try to make it anything more or less. It is what it is.
4 Likes

I had totally forgotten about this bit from the Daily Show…

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Just noticed Outer Range - a Sci-fi / Western series on Amazon - just started Season 2:

:popcorn:

5 Likes

that first season, though?!
very strange. many questions.
i will watch S2, although i am not sure why. :person_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

What disturbs me is how well they hooked the audience. I avoid reviews because of too many spoilers. Now I only want answers - that’s my “why.”

This Is Crazy Whats Happening GIF by BuzzFeed

5 Likes

That’s it, exactly! Based on your recommendation, I watched the first episode while on a plane. I was hooked immediately, despite the fact there’s nothing about it that should have grabbed me like that. Now I’m going to watch the rest of the season, and I have no idea what it is I’m actually watching!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Be careful what you wish for!

6 Likes