Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

It seems one of those Monkey’s Paw situations.

5 Likes

from

OMG… Brief Lives?!? Yes?!?

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

[ETA] Also, I’m watching Dead Boy Detectives and Despair put in an appearance in episode 7 when Edwin is back in Hell and Charles is trying to rescue him!!!

[ETA] Video of new cast members (and the rest of the family)…

9 Likes

Sadly, it’s not subtitled in English, but I’m not sure you need them?

[ETA]

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Worked for Bewitched…

[ETA] New cast members for Wednesday…

5 Likes

Only one episode in, but this is shaping up to be potentially better than Squid Game.

3 Likes

Interesting side story about the original “The Hunt for Gollum” (gift article, shouldn’t be paywalled):

4 Likes

Started by black entrepreneurs. Bought out by entitled hedge fund money. Company crashed. Original guys buy it back.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Well, it certainly is darker than Squid Game. This makes Squid Game seem tame by comparison.

3 Likes

9 Likes

How was it?

4 Likes

… I wasn’t actually paying that close attention

better than an average mid-century Hollywood Western, but not that much better :thinking:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Not a movie, but…

kung-fu-kwai

Besides the yellow face with Caradine, this show had a pretty amazing amount of Asian American actors in solid guest starring roles. There were quite a few episodes where the majority of the actors were Asian American, and a few set in China, where he was the only white cast member…

8 Likes

When it was originally aired, it really was ground-breaking, despite the white lead.

7 Likes

Should of been Bruce.

6 Likes

… one of the best ’70s Westerns, and the first Oscar nomination for a Native American actor

7 Likes

Love that film.

They originally tried to get Marlon Brando and Lawrence Olivier for the Chief Old Lodge Skins role. But they fortunately turned it down.

5 Likes

That would have been epic…

bruce lee GIF

9 Likes
10 Likes

“Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out Mystery.”

I know that it wasn’t Riann Johnson’s choice but what a dumb naming convention to use for the Benoit Blanc mysteries. It’s like saying Death on the Nile: a Murder on the Orient Express Mystery or Temple of Doom: a Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure.

5 Likes