Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Awesome! I’m just two episodes in and loving it.
It’s funny, it’s gross, weird, exciting, somewhere between deep and ridiculous, there’s jam and a lovely horse and plot-twists all over - yet I don’t feel lost, more a sense of wonder.

It would be nice to get a short series that tells a full story, that would be cool.

2 Likes

A lovely horse?

Father Ted Horse GIF

4 Likes

Yes, but not that one.

1 Like

Warning - the lovely horse gets blown up with a bomb vest in ep 1.

Pussycat was not amused. Now I have to watch alone.

3 Likes

At least it happens off-screen. Implied violence is still violence, but at least we were spared.

3 Likes

That’s quite a spoiler, you and @GospelX might want to blur that out.

5 Likes

It’s funny, I was considering adding to my comment that people generally don’t care for spoilers when it comes to violence against animals because they’d appreciate the warning. That instinct was clearly wrong.

4 Likes

For the plot, mainly, but that, too. Though how you’d discuss that without spoiling a plot point is left to the reader.

I reckon, if in doubt, spoiler it :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Three two-part adaptations this series.

Dalgliesh is not the light Agatha Christie-style whodunnit. The stories are psychologically complex and the tragedy and loss of the murders weigh heavily on Adam.

This show is pure quality from the bang-on period design to the intelligent scripts to the amazing acting.

Highly recommended whether you are a fan of PD James’ books or have never read them.

2 Likes

That doesn’t excuse his misogynistic attitude, though. He’s kinda pissing me off (the US version of being pissed off).

1 Like

We really can’t have nice things…

3 Likes

He’s an upperclass man in 1970’s England? Probably the least sexist man on the force. He certainly respects DS Miskin.

2 Likes

For 1970s police attitudes as seen through a (rather idealized) 2006 lens, see Life On Mars.

5 Likes

I’m late to this but it’s really funny.

Don’t be put off by the first few minutes, it isn’t another tired office documentary. It’s an office sitcom instead! In the design studio of an online RPG company.

4 Likes

I’m definitely looking that up.

I, too, am late to the game, having nearly finished, over the course of this week, the first season of The Mandalorian!

I’m enjoying the tale, but have to say I am constantly distracted by the fact that our hero swans around on desert planets in a suit of fucking armor.

2 Likes

“Did you take off your helmet?”

“Fuck yes!!”

water drinking GIF

4 Likes

I had to write “Mythic Quest” down on a bit of paper - I’ll never remember it otherwise.

For some weird reason, The Mandalorian reminded me of those old Johnny Weismuller Tarzan films (We used to get them on a Saturday morning).

90 minutes of watching a bloke refusing to breathe out.

3 Likes

For some reason I am strangely addicted to Forged in Fire on Roku/Pluto TVs History Channel stream.

I have no interest in blacksmithing, knives or bladed weapons. But I find the esoteric nature of the skills involved and the idea of a timed craft competition great brain candy.

Me: “Wow! They made one of those weird pointy thingies at home”.

Especially when the items made are thoroughly trashed by the judges in testing.

Host: “Ok you spent 5 days making this thingy, let’s hit it against a lead pipe and see if it breaks”

“Unfortunately your weapon has suffered catastrophic failure” is kinda fun to hear in a schadenfreude sort of way.

2 Likes

Last Sunday’s Succession. Holy shit. Is anyone else traumatized?

3 Likes

That was the scariest hour of TV I’ve seen in ages, but it’s probably going to pale in comparison to what happens in the last two episodes.

Roman was always going to be the most reprehensible spawn of Logan. It didn’t seem that way for a while, but it was destined by his super-fucked-up upbringing.

2 Likes