Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

3 Likes

That reminds me, I need to finally go back and watch Arcane.

3 Likes

You do. I watched it with my daughter and we loved it.

Unfortunately I’ve spent most of the last week in hospital with her but we have started watching Jessica Jones which we both enjoy. She was a bit sus about it because Marvel but it stands as a detective thing with a gaslighting, coercive controlling arsehole and wears the MCU and superpowers lightly. Not too many people in fetish gear sticking superhero landings.

9 Likes

I’m not normally interested in superhero shows, but Jessica Jones was an exception. Other than that I mostly enjoyed parodies of the superhero genre such as Deadpool and Peacemaker.

Hope your daughter’s all right.

10 Likes

Remember several months ago when we got mad at the people running HBOMAX for pulling a number of titles from the service? Now it’s reasonable to get mad at Disney for doing the same on Disney+ and Hulu.

Titles relevant to me are Willow and The Mysterious Benedict Society.

1 Like

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

I can’t wait until my own daughter’s old enough for us to really watch shows like this together. Something a little more captivating than Spidey and His Amazing Friends will be nice for a change…

And here’s hoping your daughter’s okay.

3 Likes

There’s not much on the list that I’m terribly interested in*, though I hate that this is becoming a trend.

*I was very interested in the Y:TLM series before they cancelled it.

2 Likes

This list has some good stuff, but it has not 1, but three shows directly involving Bill Cosby… which seems… wrong…

That seems like a nah, no thanks…

5 Likes

That’s what upsets me the most…Fat Albert really was a good show, and now it’s tainted forever. :rage:

6 Likes

Agreed… and I grew up watching The Cosby show and it was great… but he ruined it all. And then Little Bill.

I think A Different World gets a pass, because it was run by someone else, although it was a spin-off from The Cosby Show…

7 Likes

Disney will release an adaption of a an american graphic novel about a chinese boy and His struggle fo find his identity in a foreign land. The original material had a lot of fantasy elements, but it also had a bittersweet, introspective mood and some serious parts about racism and responsabilities. The Disney version will be a kind of fantasy/superhero/comedy/action show.

ETA

It has Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan and Stephanie Ann Hsu from Everything Everywhere All at Once.

9 Likes

I’m assuming Cosby gets some sort of residuals for this as creator/producer or whatnot. That being said, it’s nigh impossible to avoid money going to some despicable people behind the scenes somewhere … it’s just usually not so overt, I guess.

7 Likes

Ooh, hadn’t heard of this!

disappointed krysten ritter GIF

I love that book, it’d be sad to see it turned into noisy, big-budget schlock.

5 Likes

This is a lot better than I expected. And that’s high praise from me. It’s not exactly realistic, but I like that it weaves in real world events like the war in Ukraine and the fall of Afghanistan. Too many shows these days seem to take place in an alternate world where the last seven years never happened.

10 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good, and yes, good to see references too to the Brexit own goal.

7 Likes

I was about to mention that. If you like people walking and talking fast about politics, a la West Wing, or international intrigue, a la Homeland, the same person, Debora Cahn, is the writer/producer.

Did I mention Keri Russell? :star_struck:

Warning: the season ends in a colossal cliffhanger that demands a Season 2.

7 Likes

Season 2 is a go!

6 Likes

So the powers that be at Netflix took my communications seriously. That is fortunate for them. :expressionless:

6 Likes

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/netflix-password-sharing-crackdown-rolls-out-in-the-us-rcna85850

4 Likes