Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

I mean, Rufus Sewell is nothing to sneeze at, either. I really wish he had been able to continue with Zen, though.

4 Likes

Thoughtful and very funny! :+1:t4:

3 Likes

I experienced it last night, in fact. Can’t wait to see how it messes us up in future.

4 Likes

“Somebody Somewhere” (HBO…oh, excuse me, MAX) is wonderfully different and really a breath of fresh air. I look forward to each new episode, and hope it maintains enough of an audience that it doesn’t get canceled prematurely.

5 Likes

I wonder if she’s actually going to turn out to be the master/Missy? :thinking:

4 Likes

She was excellent in Carnival Row - which was a far better show than I expected. I just finished it, two seasons of smart, brutal, steampunk fairy drama.

With a character name like that, it’s possible, huh?

2 Likes

I thought she was excellent in Rome, too, which rarely gets mentioned in stories about her.

4 Likes

My first thoughts whenever I see her are from Torchwood, Hustle, and Luther. Guess she’s gonna go on my list of actors with two different roles in the Whoverse. :wink:

5 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

She is great in everything I’ve seen her in, so I’m glad she’s gotten a role in Doctor Who…

6 Likes

I saw a theory that her character name of “Duchess” translates in Hindi as raanee

I am all for that.

3 Likes

Good Mythical Morning Reaction GIF by Rhett and Link

That would be awesome…

3 Likes

Finally got around to The Mandalorian, and been catching up for the last week or so.

But holy shit - S03E06 - Lizzo, Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd in one episode?

“You spoil us, Ambassador”.

3 Likes

A bunch of white guys, but they’re funny white guys.

ETA: And as Jimmy Kimmel points out at the end of the series, some guests are great and some not so great. I have to agree. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

At the recommendation of many here, I have started watching Mrs. Davis. We need more shows like this!

4 Likes

Absolutely pitch-perfect series finales from both Succession and Barry. I was particularly surprised by the direction that Barry took, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

No spoilers, but I had a sense that Succession would end up the way that it did.

2 Likes

I’m still thinking about the second season finale of Yellowjackets. What happened was perfectly built up. Writing-wise it felt like the right choice. It was also unpleasant and kind of sucks.

It was a better finale than the season deserved. The second season overall doesn’t hold a candle to the first and only manages to maintain momentum on performances. Oh, all that and I just need to know what happened. And not even in a mystery box way. The show dangled a carrot and viewers are practicing delayed gratification.

2 Likes

This is hilarious:

ETA: Well, it’s not coming up for me. Possibly just my privacy settings.

https://www.tiktok.com/@crimsoncroy/video/7237229333184630042

4 Likes

OMG Jonathan Kent quit the Superman show

The new actor looks just like the other brother

which makes sense, but offers less visible contrast to go with their supposedly different personalities

2 Likes

A (maybe not all true) miniseries based on a novel based on a true story of The Fellowship/The Family/International Foundation.

Miranda Otto is quite good at “crazy” cult leader in this one.

5 Likes

And I was thinking nobody cared if it got cancelled.

2 Likes