What's in the box?

Well. You just came right out and said it. Like, “hey everyone. I’m completely shallow. My opinions are worthless dreck, so here they are anyway.” Good for you, buddy. Good for you

6 Likes

Clinton had no business leaving the Senate, if you want to start nailing women’s feet to the floor.

2 Likes

If this is your criterion for a “good job” I really don’t even know what to say. Bush would do about as good a job, or as bad a job, as his brother did, which is pretty close to as good a job as Hillary would do except for a few specific cases, since they largely represent the same interests. Paul would be hilarious, and probably too out there to do any real damage. That neurosurgeon has no chance of winning their primary, and an alcoholic baboon would be more intelligent and reasonable than any of the rest of them.

2 Likes

Purely a warmongering corporatist.

4 Likes

Hi.

Why would this question be relevant?

Sanders is who -people- want based on what he says and does, in particular the person you asked this question.

Why should they look elsewhere because you find him old and it’s been pointed out to you that Clinton is also old. Old (ageism) is your criticism of Sanders isn’t it?, which isn’t shared. That someone pointed out Clinton shares what you consider a fault doesn’t mean they find it a fault.

Besides, I know lots of perfectly rational, intelligent, compassionate & talented people older than me. Don’t you?

6 Likes

Those dang women. Always trying to come in here and and and womanize everything.

3 Likes

Ummm… wasn’t her husband the womanizer?

3 Likes

I think Hillary held him down while it happened. Benghazi.

2 Likes

“Monica Lewinsky”

2 Likes

Hell, we could have a continuation of 15+ years of Gitmo and drone strikes, just like under the last two presidents. Business as usual.

5 Likes

That may explain why he had to use the cigar.

Also, reminded me of the “That’s my ghetto” song by Capitol Steps, a version of Elvis Presley’s “In the ghetto”. Sadly, no youtube of this one. :frowning:
lyrics, one short sample, another piece

…also, another song, “It’s a wrong waste of tipparillos”, by the same band.

4 Likes

If not Bernie or Hillary, then who?

How about… Lessig?

:popcorn:

6 Likes

Indeed. Even NPR now are officially shills with no more credibility:

8 Likes

I think it’s better in the original Klingon. http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=tlh-Qaak&a=http%3A%2F%2Fboingboing.net%2F2015%2F09%2F06%2Fwhats-in-the-box.html

So if he got that Apria Health guy as VP, that would complete the immediacy/transparency tesseract?

Does it matter who wins the charade?

8 Likes

Oh, this one took me a second, but I got it.

Hillary was a Republican before Bill, her politics still fall very very far on that side of the equations. Her political backers and voting record are not all that different from Jeb Bush, in fact they are almost identical, and he is the worst Bush yet! What you get from Hillary is a continuation of the corporate political clusterf*ck that has gotten us to the place we are now.

Sanders on the other hand has the best voting record of any politician I’ve ever run across. This guy sticks to his guns and votes the way I’d want regardless of pressure. He also isn’t beholden to the same corporate backers that try so hard to own both sides of the political theater. He wants to implement MAJOR voting reform and get rid of everything from gerymandering to the “2 party” system to unbridled political donations…he wants to fix the very core of “the system”. If you want to see any real change in this country then he is the first ray of hope we’ve had in my lifetime, and he plans on paving the way for a much more reasonable and sane and much less corrupt political process. Even if he isn’t “your guy” please consider voting for him as 4 years of him will do the greatest amount of good long run.

It’s almost hard to imagine an america that isn’t a two party system owned by private money and the rich, but that is what he promises. That and he’s been voting right on all the major issues long before they’ve become “popular”, he was voting for things like gay marriage equality back when 90%+ other politicians on both sides were voting against it, things like that. The guy actually does what he says and he says some pretty great stuff. I’ve never had any hope for politics before he entered this race, and I cannot fathom any of the other presented alternatives.

(sorry for the ramble, I’m tired…the short recap is vote Sanders for Fck Sake*)

11 Likes

actually yes, read more about Sanders…he is the only politician in my lifetime (that sands an actual chance) that breaks the charade.

4 Likes

Some of us have tentative hopes for Jeremy Corbyn over here in Britain. It would be nice to at least slow the West’s slide in to Corporate Distopia.

and he is the worst Bush yet!

A truly terrify concept.

5 Likes