When you have to burn a house down because of how many cockroaches are in it

I wonder if it was an earlier purchase, before the house started to go to the roaches?

I just can’t picture someone who would let their bathroom look like that really cares about the perfect bread slice. I could be wrong though. People are complex creatures.

Another thing that came to mind while watching the firemen gather to discuss what they were going to do, with the roaches totally oblivious, I found myself wondering if there might be something outside of our awareness making plans for us.

Would you look at this place? They’ve ruined it. There’s no fixing this. Best to just nudge it into the sun. Better surround it first, so nothing escapes.

13 Likes

“Its the DEEP STATE, I tells ya!!!”

Oddly, looking at the above photo, I was struck by the idea that Peter Davidson (the 5th Dr Who) could play the odious Jones in a biopic. Davidson can do those desperate, angry eyes. And, after looking a the results of a Google Images search for Alex Jones photos, those Cockroaches look a lot less repellent.

6 Likes

I feel like they should have made that ring of fire around the house last longer. Another year or so should do it.

6 Likes

“No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s and yet as mortal as his own… Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us…”

15 Likes

tumblr_n3or1iMzk41r2h3lgo4_400

19 Likes

i won’t argue that. the fire is good though. :fire:

3 Likes

In 2025 .

8 Likes

Also I was so squicked out by the very idea, I forgot to post this;

6 Likes

I’m imagining maybe someone with physical impairments who couldn’t find or afford help? My step-grandparents needed a maid because she was bedridden following a broken hip that never healed properly (and other issues), and he had arthritis so bad it mangled his hands.

5 Likes

I lived in an apartment in Brooklyn that had a roach problem. I kept it clean and put traps and borax out and all that, but I couldn’t figure out where they were coming from. Then one day the elderly neighbor asked me to help him change a light bulb… His apartment was a fucking swarm of roaches in broad daylight. He had lived there for years and the place was a complete wreck with missing floorboards and duct tape on everything. I couldn’t fathom how someone could live like that. Luckily the landlord was responsive and hired an exterminator to come every week till the problem abated… at least in my apartment.

8 Likes

And that’s how Illinois’ annual Burning Roach festival began.

8 Likes

Fuck that’s sad. Some poor person was living in those conditions.

10 Likes

Got hired to clean out a house that was this bad (12 hours of nightmare fuel that). When we were done, they gassed the place to kill the roaches. So many escaped. The sky darkened with birds feasting on the exodus and all of the neighboring homes were infested. Burning is the best solutions for the neighbors.

13 Likes

I guess the solution involves toxic fumes, either way.

3 Likes
18 Likes

I was going to say something, but the bugs got my tongue.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Definitely not. While watching the pre-fire part, I bumped my mouse and my cursor twitched on a blank part of my monitor. Damn near jumped out of my skin as brain said ‘cockroach on monitor!!! Ayyyyeahg!’

5 Likes

Roaches just roaching. The really disgusting thing here is the person that let their home get that bad. I mean, damn.

2 Likes

I’m betting the former owner was a hoarder, or had similar mental problems. (Possibly a drug problem?)