Where does it end?

I believe the appropriate response is “yes, and?”

13 Likes
10 Likes

Oz belatedly getting in on the action…

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/a-high-grade-twisted-abuser-don-burke-a-sexual-harasser-and-bully-claims-series-of-women/ar-BBFGI1p

5 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

3 Likes

Not with Don Burke or Matt Lauer.

3 Likes

The funny thing about Matt Lauer is that I’m not at all surprised. There was always a massive asshole hiding just below the surface, barely concealed. This asshat from Oz, though… It seriously takes a very special flavor of jackass to blame a neurological condition that he probably doesn’t have for his shitty, shitty behavior.

4 Likes

Yeah. The Australian is ‘self-diagnosed’ and more likely just a narsicistic, sociopathic predator fuck. Matt Lauer I’ve only seen a few times on TV so I’m just going by the articles on here and elsewhere.

2 Likes
11 Likes

I saw this clip earlier this year and I was struck by how grabby Charlie Rose was getting. Warning, short but cringe-inducing video.

2 Likes

I think it will end with Red Green.

3 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOO!!1!1!1!!111

[not a complete sentance. Srsly?]

1 Like

Not seriously.

OK, I’ll bring out the subtext.

6 Likes

Hopefully, you post this for those who have no access to Canadian TV shows and only crappy PBS stations.

He and his duct tape are no stranger to me. :wink:

5 Likes

Geraldo Assaulted Bette Mildler in the 1970’s

"Midler claimed Rivera and his unnamed producer pushed her into her bathroom during an interview at her home in the 1970s. “They broke two poppers and pushed them under my nose and proceeded to grope me,” she said. “I did not offer myself up on the altar of Geraldo Rivera. He was unseemly. His behavior was unseemly.”

"In his 1991 autobiography, reviewed at the time by the Washington Post, Rivera wrote that he had touched Midler’s breasts.

“We were in the bathroom, preparing for the interview, and at some point I put my hands on her breasts,” he wrote in a brief line excerpted for the review.

Slimy bastard.

7 Likes

Bette is one of my idols. If I ever see Geraldo in person I cannot be held accountable for my actions.

2 Likes

I have to say this about Charlie Rose…his two co-hosts seem to egg him on an awful lot. Don’t get me wrong…if one or both of them are perfectly open to something it doesn’t make it ok for him to harass someone else. I am merely saying not every “cringe” inducing moment or comment is necessarily unwelcome. unfortunately.

I always found the clips that Last Week Tonight showed of him, Gayle King, and Norah O’Donnell were ALL cringe-worthy all around; not just him.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong. It doesn’t look like he crossed any boundaries in that particular clip I posted. It just gives a peek into a somewhat lecherous side of him that belies the staid elder interviewer, which is why I’m less surprised by the allegations against him than I otherwise might have been had I never seen him behave that way.

To me it’s a good example that viewers can’t always trust the persona a celebrity cultivates.

2 Likes

Well, I guess that explains the reasoning in this tweet:

7 Likes

Me neither. And I’ve bought several boxed sets for my dad, who adores Red Green.

So I’ll second that NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 Likes

4 Likes