White House insiders: Trump ordered Sean Spicer to lie about crowd sizes because he was "demoralized"

This is a little funny and a little terrifying, but I remember that I was surprised to see him wearing a normal business suit at the inauguration, rather than one of those white military suits with the sash and medals and LOTS AND LOTS OF GOLD PIPING.

11 Likes

The thing is that things like this get said to abused people all the time. Like Anita Hill. Why did she follow Clarence Thomas around? Career. Honestly, she could have probably had a good career without him. But she thought she needed him.

This guy Spicer is in the top job in the public relations world. I bet he has dreamed of this for a long time. So, it would be a blow and maybe at this moment in time, he can’t imagine a way out. We can see he has options, but can he?

Kellyanne Conway - she’s done a lot but she seems really twisted up inside.

Ann Landers always said you can’t be taken advantage of without your consent. It’s not to demonize people who are abused, but, a lot of times, the trick to ending it is to stop consenting to it. It’s not always a clearcut route out. For these people to end their relationship with Trump will mean a huge personal loss - not just a loss of money or status, but a loss of their belief in this person they have invested so much into. I have spoken with people who have been in these relationships and even years afterward they are deeply personally affected by these experiences and often still feel an enormous loss.

I still don’t like them, but I have empathy for the situation they are in.

I’m sad for the minions around Trump because they have to endure him, but when I look at the people like Newt Gingrinch and Pence who really are in control of their own situation but who pawn this dick onto the public, I only have contempt.

19 Likes

…Although politicians seem to pay way too much attention to the stock market as a measure of how the economy is doing…

But of course the point of the post was the loyalty is more important than the truth. Just remember, “giving up your credibility and self respect” is the new “putting your investments into a blind trust.”

But they are important to Trump in the way that actual policy isn’t. People think that his tantrums are to distract us, but feeding him tantrum causing material is probably as much about distracting HIM.

5 Likes

Current fantasy narrative: Leaked reports that Trump is cognitively impaired, and unable to perform without family members and aids. (This is almost certainly true; the fantasy part is the leak.)

A split between appointees and campaign stooges / family could be a very, very good thing . . . see section 4:

4 Likes

Yes I know.

Why not fake the leak . . . and let the fucker deny it?

6 Likes

You are 100% correct. At this point they’re all enablers and should not be forgiven or forgotten when, eventually, they begin to distance themselves.

5 Likes

My take is that all of the principled, morally decent people have already jumped ship. Conway, Spicer, et al. are the ones who are left. Being so personally repulsive that you drive away all the decent folk is an effective way to identify those you can control completely with offers of money and power.

16 Likes

I mean, Spicer has some personal vendetta against an ice cream company so who knows with that guy?

8 Likes

I have been wondering about this too. He is really old.

2 Likes

Well, what kind of person would actually look up to him?

3 Likes

If his performance so far is any indication, what he will do is sure to be the wrong thing.

6 Likes

“Demoralized,” now that is indeed funny.

1 Like

#alternativeleaks

3 Likes

“We’re on our way to nowhere …”

1 Like

Nobody today needs to mine any more drama than we already have. Seriously.

1 Like

The really big irony here is that the longer this farce drags on before the republicans decide to stop it, the warmer the world will welcome the eventual swearing in of interim president Pence. (/corrected)
Most of us europeans will be so happy to finally have a lucid representative to talk to again, that we’ll go along with anything president Pence suggests.
Meanwhile, you guys will essentially be getting two coup d’états for the price of one…

5 Likes

I don’t know who that is, but he gets my vote. He has to be better than either Trump or Mike Pence. :wink:

12 Likes

Oops, sorry. That’s what happens when I try to be clever on the smartphone. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
My autocorrect and I must have been thinking of this guy http://www.johnpence.com

4 Likes

If you watch Ivanka, her smile disappears even faster. The man behind Melania’s left shoulder does the closed-mouth smile and turns it off quickly as well.

5 Likes