White House posts "unbecoming" photo of Nancy Pelosi berating Trump

That shouldn’t even be a top headline, as it’s from back in 2018, meaning the system is probably glitching again.

Still, it gives me the opportunity to repost this:

16 Likes

Same. I’m confused.

Yeah, so would I. I started my own site for that purpose, just as a way to get away and focus on things which I don’t find personally horrible.

I don’t know about anyone else, just speaking for me, but I come here for the stuff that is genuinely wonderful (even if I can’t say so on the wonderful thing, like that person who does the amazing Macross models which look cel-shaded), but also that dose of reality. It motivates me to find ways to make things better.

So it’s not Boing Boing, it’s reality which is horrible right now. Change that, and everything should be good.

18 Likes

11 Likes

I think that photo is a wonderful thing. It represents a moment a lot of us have been waiting for.

16 Likes

Even just saying that is an understatement.

5 Likes

Only thing missing from this thread is that someone is now … drumroll … disappointed in BoingBoing.

It’s a rough spot in this timeline. I know, but they can’t all be the one where President Gore managed to prevent Al Qaeda from hijacking planes and led the fight against global warming. It’s boring over there. And this one is one of the few that can lead to President AOC.

4 Likes

I think it was implied disappointment. :smiley:

4 Likes

AOC will celebrate her 35th birthday on Monday, October 13, 2024.

1 Like

It’s pretty ridiculous that Trump is trying to spin this as “Pelosi is the one who freaked out!”

Donald is being investigated for impeachment. Three of the subordinates he dictated could not testify in the investigation are disobeying that order. The GOP overwhelmingly voted in disapproval of his Syrian debacle. Newest polls show 51% not only want him impeached but removed.

Oh yeah, Pelosi is the one who had a temper tantrum. Right. (eyeroll)

9 Likes

Well, most timelines she doesn’t make her first run until 2040, though I hear of one where she became president as early as 2032. But spoilers and all. I don’t want to jinx this timeline yet. There’s still Black Rock to deal with as well, you know.

2 Likes

Technically, that part has already been covered, regardless that the exact words were not uttered.

1 Like

<sarcasm> Well, isn’t she being a bit shrill here? </sarcasm>

1 Like

It has kind of a Norman Rockwell quality to it.

4 Likes

God this thread is sooooo disappointing. And so are all of you. And you. And you. And you. XD

1 Like

Last year, Armando Iannucci pointed out that, in any group photograph featuring Trump, the essence of the photo still basically works if you ‘replace Trump with a penguin’.

He’s right, too.

8 Likes

Are you disappointed in everyone but particularly disappointed in a few people? o.O

1 Like

This photo of Pelosi actually depicts her in a very becoming manner.

Becoming President.

8 Likes

If Trump had the instinct for self-preservation of a common rodent, we would now be in or very near to the “prepare two new envelopes” phase of his presidency.

1 Like

I’m unbecoming right now.

4 Likes

Can I amend the last part of that statement to “… head first into the wood chipper”.
Otherwise it’s all good. :grin:

2 Likes