White House posts "unbecoming" photo of Nancy Pelosi berating Trump

18 Likes

There’s an opt out button on your keyboard- actually - it is your keyboard.

16 Likes

Looking at the photo again, this is a Rorschach test right? Like:

32 Likes

I would like to think that if it were a male DEM telling off Frump that he’d be blasted as unbecoming too. It’s more political lines but I don’t dismiss misogyny either.

Both?

1 Like

I guess I assumed the reader was a partisan, but it works both ways. Like if you are Republican you want to find evidence that Pelosi is bad and Trump is good. If you think this is that evidence, you hate women. Similarly, if you are a Democrat you want evidence that Pelosi is good and Trump is bad. If you think this picture is bad for your case, you probably hate women.

8 Likes

1 Like

Well Trump certainly does disparage men that he disagrees with. But he tends to imply that they are weak in some way rather than insult their appearance. Women he tends to insult as being unattractive first, and shrill/unladylike/forceful as a secondary attack. So even as he is insulting to all, the MANNER of his insults are misogynistic.

ETA:
But of course the real Trump WTF this week was the news that he had invited the parents of somebody killed in an auto collision by the wife of a US diplomat into the White House and had planned to spring a surprise meeting with the woman that had killed their son. Somehow you know that when they refused, he was angry at them because they messed up his big reveal. That was the story that truly shows that he has no empathy whatsoever, and lives in a “reality TV” world. This is the Jerry Springer presidency.

11 Likes

“Infinity!”

1 Like

Bad boi! Himz gonna get im-booped!

4 Likes

Like I’ve said here a few times before - AOC’s primary function (if not her avowed personal/private objective) is merely to move the Overton window back to some sort of sanity. Anything that comes of that, of a practical nature, is all bonus.

6 Likes

I’d rather see no politics at all. But I understand the importance of reporting on major legislation, or corruption, or threats to our freedoms and liberties. This is the same

Again you do realize that the happy mutant contributors at BB are not reporters as they are not part of the Associated Press or News Corps.

It’s a blog site.

6 Likes

No one is stopping you from starting your own site and posting whatever content you’d prefer there.

As it stands we are all guests here, and our hosts have put out a (sometimes questionable) ‘buffet’ of topics for us to choose from. If we don’t like the selections provided, we have the choice to just not partake in them.

20 Likes

Hey, one of those things at least changes with the times! Some of us remember when it was a directory of wonderful things, but then people complained in every comment thread and they had to change it to mostly wonderful :wink:

7 Likes

We, like the wonderful things, are now a minority.

(A fast twitch response that I’ll likely regret later.)

And yet, we keep hearing these groups claiming Trump will win by a landslide in 2020. Puhleeeeze… the only thing going to win by a landslide is our boot up his ass.

1 Like

I won’t make you regret your comment. I’ll side with you. I would much rather be in the minority if the minority stands for kindness, goodness and the welfare of everyone. Even if that means we take a collective beating, I’m right where I want to be.

1 Like

I mean how “serious” does one expect things to be when the top headline item is about the odd sounds fast growing rhubarb makes?

6 Likes

That rhubarb story is either breaking news or cutting journalism.

I’ll let myself out, thanks!

9 Likes

“Dear Lord, Grant me the strength not to stuff this asshole head-first into the shredder.”

6 Likes