White House release video making fun of Dick Cheney's lies

On the flipside, imagine having a heart transplant and discovering it came from Cheney.

3 Likes

Why do you think this?

2 Likes

When I see Dick Cheney on the TeeVee, I think “why is he not in jail?”

5 Likes

Throughout the Bush years, I thought that George W. was the bumbling, ideologically blinkered fool. “Sweet” Dick Cheney, we hardly knew you.

1 Like

Because you respect the rank, not the person.

That’s like respecting the stripes on a Sergeant’s arm. It’s silly. You respect the person filling the rank, not the rank itself. Should the rank ‘Glorious Leader’ be respected also? What about ‘Führer’?

6 Likes

That’s… a staggering statistic. I believe it, but I never thought of it in those terms. Where did you get that? I’d LOVE to trot that out sometime.

2 Likes

I feel like you missed an opportunity to reference dick shooting his buddy on a hunting trip. Something like “It’s like dick shooting friends and having them apologize”. Wait, that’s not a joke that’s a summary of events

5 Likes

I see that. I agree. And I would be happy to lock him up in a highly respectful manner. You can respect the office, and even the person holding the office, and still expect them to be subject to laws.

5 Likes

Can anyone identify the music in this? I love it! Sounds like it’s meant to accompany a silent movie.

1 Like

I’m sure Cheney knows the locations of way too many skeletons to ever be in serious danger of jail or even mild inconvenience. [How many of those skeletons he helped put there is a question best left unconsidered.]

2 Likes

Dick Cheney: A living, breathing example of the uncanny valley.

3 Likes
4 Likes

[quote=“pixleshifter, post:26, topic:65281”]
That’s like respecting the stripes on a Sergeant’s arm.
[/quote]Well, according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, this is a terrible example, because that’s exactly what you have to do when you’re in the military.

Nothing says you need to respect the person holding these various ranks, but that their rank deserves the respect. It’s just being civilized to respect the Pope when you’re not Catholic or President Merkel when you’re not German, or calling a police officer “officer” or “patrolman.” Just because a great many police officers are jacknuts doesn’t mean you should disrespect them all from the get go.

Fuhrer really shot himself in the metaphorical foot when he brought disgrace to the title. You might note that nobody’s called themselves that for a while now.

1 Like

Being made to do something is not respect earned, and that’s the only respect that’s truly respectful.
A title is neutral, commanding neither respect nor disrespect. It’s the person filling that title that gives it the respect or disrespect it deserves.

Really bad example. A mad hatter in a bad dress who thinks they’re God’s best mate on Earth. Most of whom have presided over some of the worst atrocities in human history. No respect for that in the slightest.
What about other titles? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick maker? Tinker? Tailor? Soldier? Spy?
Is every title worthy of respect?
No, it’s the individuals who fill those roles who get the respect they deserve.

3 Likes

Is it too late to air-drop him into Iraq and see if they greet him as a liberator?

7 Likes

Speaking of which,

4 Likes

Why should I though?

2 Likes

Yeah but I’m not in the military. I’m the descendant of people who overthrew a king (I had ancestors in both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War).

2 Likes

What a better world it would be if the respected leaders were the people who are currently led.

3 Likes