White House release video making fun of Dick Cheney's lies

I had never heard of this bill. But damn, it’s a real thing, and damn, they snuck that shit through with a bullshit-generator-named bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members’_Protection_Act

8 Likes

I’m not laughing.

3 Likes

Somebody has to provide the montage, since Jon Stewart retired.

2 Likes

He’s certainly a rank person.

12 Likes

I believe that Cheney is a big fat liar too, but that’s difficult to objectively prove. Perhaps he really did somehow delude himself into believing his own bullshit. But that’s beside the point anyway.

What we can objectively prove is that he was 100% wrong about almost every claim he made about Iraq and Iran. Regardless of what he believed then or believes now, he’s proven himself an unreliable source of advice (or more accurately, a reliable source of BAD advice) so many times over that no rational person would give serious consideration to his opinion when crafting Middle East policy.

3 Likes

As I’ve poined here before, two tabs of good acid and a long, hard word with themselves in a bathroom mirror should be mandatory for all those in political office, but yes. Datura. That would fucking learn them, alright.

2 Likes

I’m not much enamoured of rank as a general thing, I’d rather respect people on their merits, not an authoritarian abstraction.

5 Likes

Well, actually. Somebody has fact checked all the major politicians/commentators and arranged them according to how full of shit they are:

http://whosmorefullofshit.com

1 Like

Of course “being full of shit” isn’t necessarily the same as lying. There is a whole breed of self-enamored politician who eagerly swallow their own shit like a cross between an ouroboros and the Human Centipede.

2 Likes

Agreed, there is no good analysis of self delusion, being misinformed or just talking out of ignorance. We can only analyze how often they are saying factually incorrect things.

I must admit, I was a bit surprised to see Rachel Maddow worse off than Cheney.

3 Likes

Indeed. According to On Bullshit, bullshit may or may not involve lying. In fact, truth has nothing to do with bullshit, either way.

1 Like

Shouldn’t we send Kissinger first?

3 Likes

When he holds the rank, yes, to an extent. But because you respect the rank, you take even stronger action against the person who brings disgrace to the rank…

3 Likes

There’s always more children to supply hearts. They’re the one renewable resource that Lich is interested in.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t think so. If I ever meet the pope, I’ll call him what he actually is: “chief liar”, and if he doesn’t like that, then I’ll move on to “chief protector of child rapists”, and on down the line, until I get to “chief silly hat wearer”.

Neither the office, nor the person is worthy of respect unless you believe the bullshit. And even then, you still ought not to respect him, since, you know, he is the world’s most powerful champion of child rapists.

3 Likes

wow, that’s crazy. how has this never shown up in any interviews with him since?

3 Likes

With apologies to Stephen King.

1 Like

Obama played nice (too nice if you ask me and lots of other libtards) with the right for many years… but now he’s a ‘lame duck’ and he seems to more down with some non-pc yet honest maneuvering (which could come off like trolling if it weren’t based in fact) now that he’s soon gonna be out the door.

1 Like