White nationalists planned to murder cops and pro-gun protesters in Virginia

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/23/yall-qaeda.html

4 Likes

The capture of these people would be encouraging were it not for the fact that there are assuredly many more like them out there, with equally bizarre agendas. I’m thinking of the situation in Serbia before the first World War. Half the nation were fierce Nationalists and arms were plentiful.

27 Likes
28 Likes

I do not believe that one set of gun nuts starting to shoot each other would cause the economic collapse of the nation, but (and OK, it’s not my nation) I’m cool taking that risk.

9 Likes

Go listen to:

9 Likes

Matthews was also an active member of the Canadian military.

11 Likes

Even if this is sensationalized, this doesn’t make me scared or even worried, just sad. These guys are idiots feeding off of their own stupidity. And it’s not even a new plan! It is a badly updated version of Helter Skelter!

18 Likes
8 Likes

Jordan Mathews (a Canadian who apparently crossed illegally into the USA)

This “illegal alien” stuff is getting so confusing. Is it “murderers and rapists and gang members” or “very fine people”? [checks skin colour of person in question] Well, that’s that cleared up for Il Douche and his followers.

17 Likes

You can tell if they are wearing a RWDS (right wing death squad) patch that they are “very fine people”.

4 Likes

Indeed Jordan Mathews probably feels that being white should give him the right to immigrate to the US and help Make America White Again.

6 Likes

tumblr_0554cc426d4ebfe570e21258d9281cd7_c5a7fd98_540

23 Likes

Here’s some Antifa action from the 40s.

24 Likes

15 Likes

Well, for once, the ridiculous Tactical Cosplay Corps has an actual reason for their paranoia, somebody was out to get them after all.

10 Likes

“We have met the enemy and he is us!”

21 Likes

Except:

6 Likes

That video is actually a composite of actual D-Day footage, and clips from other times and places.

At 4:15 there’s a brief shot of Russian Katyusha rockets being fired. No such weapons were used in Normandy. The Germans developed a counterpart to that weapon, called the Nebelwerfer, but it was not used for the first time until much later in 1944.

At 8:58 there’s a scene of troops coming out of a landing craft. That was actually done at a pre-D Day exercise on the coast of England. It’s easy to tell. Those guys are landing at high tide; you can tell because they’re coming out of the boats so close to the dunes. On June 6 the landings took place at low tide, and there was a very wide stretch of open sand between the obstacles and the cliffs.

But I agree with the idea that this kind of antifa action is a good thing. I had uncles who were part of that. Thank God they didn’t live to see the !@#$ that’s going on in this country today. It would make their trigger fingers itch to see all this neo-Nazi garbage.

9 Likes

Of course they did. They made their intentions well known by going to a protest marched armed. An armed protest is best known as a lynch mob.

5 Likes

Yes, their friends! Everyone with a RWDS patch on any of their clothing (or a RWDS tattoo on the really dedicated) should go to Death Valley or a similar isolated location and hold live fire war games for a week. Thin the herd and all that. /s

2 Likes