White woman calls cops on black man for asking her to leash her dog

This. Again, it would be a good start.

29 Likes

Thank you. That woman has no business being in charge of any other sentient being, and doesn’t belong in any position of authority in any organization including her employer.

20 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

19 Likes

I agree on both points. It’s shameful that some people only care about her animal abuse, but it’s also shameful not to care about her animal abuse. It’s not an either/or, and while many have fucked-up priorities, that’s not lease to argue a false dichotomy. This woman is demonstrably a cynical abusive racist.

I know you said norms, but my tentative understanding is that if information is already public, it’s not a violation of the community guidelines.

@orenwolf, can you provide clarification? Thanks in advance.

One quibble: the weaponization of dogs, not the animals themselves. US law enforcement systematically abuses animals to terrorize marginalized Americans.

13 Likes

Yet another angle:

Which reminds me of a not-entirely unrelated meme:

18 Likes

Dude, I wasn’t even online earlier; I logged off and got some BBQ.

That said, you are hardly one of the folks here just drifting about obliviously in your own unearned privilege - you’re well aware of the racial disparity that exists at every level of American society, and you actively work to combat it. That makes a vast difference.

23 Likes
22 Likes

Yep. The “polite” racism is arguably more insidious than blatant racism. Hence the term dog-whistle (if one will forgive the, in this particular case, awkward terminological juxtaposition).

11 Likes
16 Likes

Re polite racism, I think she said “excuse me” before she stepped back and tried to call in a police artillery strike on this man.

9 Likes

Correct, that’s why I put polite in scare quotes.

8 Likes
18 Likes

Incidentally, in case anyone feels like complaining about how Trump has made America racist: the woman in question is on record as being a donor to several Democratic Presidential candidates.

White supremacy is bipartisan.

18 Likes

I think Rogers is being overly hopeful, but:

Do not buy her victim story. Showrunner¹ knows acting when he sees it.

¹Especially one that spent 5 years focusing on grifters.

21 Likes

Don’t post original research here. If it’s mentioned in another news story somewhere, you are welcome to link to that. As with most legal issues, the specifics are often subtle but relevant.

17 Likes
18 Likes
11 Likes

There is a genuinely horrific aspect to this that no one seems to have brought up.

That horror is that the police might show up and murder that gentleman.

That’s the implied outcome of that woman’s phonecall and it seems to be taken for granted. That’s chilling…

10 Likes

Thank you Mindysan

8 Likes

Ugh. Portrait mode. /s

1 Like