Why bother debating Trump?

It’s a predestined outcome!

3 Likes

Wow, must be in real dire straits if his own son in law won’t support him.

5 Likes

So, what is going to happen is that Biden is going to talk circles around Trump, and make trump look like a senile, mentally challanged old dotard.

And then Trumpsters will complain about how Biden acted like a bully…

3 Likes

Perfect is the enemy of good. YMMV. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Is someone going to release a “No-Lies” edit of the debate? Which would end up just being a montage of Biden’s points, with Trump pretty much edited completely out?

Because I can’t manage listening to more than 30 seconds of trumps contestant lies.

3 Likes

1 more minute… let the ridiculousness begin.

ETA:

ETA 2:

8 Likes

Trump is lying non-stop and bullying polite joe every chance he gets.

Should have never agreed to debates - total waste of time. Big mistake.

4 Likes

I’m the one with the first line, not Akimbo, so you ought to try to make your point separately. Since nobody is self-contradicting here.

3 Likes

Not actually true. When he attacked Biden on his academics, he had clearly rehearsed those lines ahead of time, and was looking for an excuse to work it in somewhere.

I said serious debate prep, and he was wrong.

4 Likes

I assumed, yeah.

1 Like

While it involved some interpretation on my part I think the Sedaris quote conveyed at least some of the message of the first quote. Regardless, I wasn’t really making an argument but poking a little fun and if I offended Akimbo or you, I apologize.

Strongly agreed. There would be uproar about norms and decorum, but the uproar should be ignored. I’d like to see Democrats in Congress take a similar approach and start calling a spade a spade. I would greatly enjoy seeing Senators such as Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey call Mitch McConnell a craven political opportunist who doesn’t care one whit about his constituents or Americans in general, right to his face. The Democrats shouldn’t be afraid to call out Republicans for lying or what they’re motivated by when discussing legislation at the Capitol.

7 Likes

Stupid certainly seems to be Trump’s trigger word.

2 Likes

Maybe late to the game, but did anyone else watch imagine what it might’ve looked like seeing Warren or Sanders up there? :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I take nothing online too seriously. Now, if you were next to me in a grocery line… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s his spirit animal.

2 Likes

No podium could have held Trump in place. He would have been drifting behind Warren and looming over her shoulder like a big orange blimp.

3 Likes

Wonder what Hillary was doing tonight…

2 Likes

Weeping and raging for what might have been along with the rest of us, probably.

5 Likes