Why did all these cows jump off a cliff to their deaths?

Another of these brain-controlling fungus parasite stories.

1 Like

You got it right there. Cow’s really are just plain stupid and it was follow the leader time. A lot like the orange bovine currently leading a herd true believers right over the edge. Anything that stupid wouldn’t even make good hanburger

5 Likes

Reads like a bad math story problem:

A dozen young cows in Levron, Switzerland mysteriously leapt off a cliff and plummeted to their deaths 165 feet below. A thirteenth cow survived the jump by landing on the others.

x = 42.

What do you mean show my work?!

11 Likes

11 Likes

Is it really that much of a surprise that the elite Nepalese alpine cows successfully avoided succumbing to a fall hazard?

Seems like wondering why the sheep are spattered on the rocks while the mountain goats are fine.

3 Likes

I suspect Sean Bean was involved:

1 Like

Peer pressure.

2 Likes

Perhaps there were no spoors or tracks because they were spooked by a drone.

That and, as Artor said:

@Brainspore what did you do to those cows?

3 Likes

Hey diddle diddle.

4 Likes

I wonder if the name is due to someone getting their Head-Smashed-In by standing too close to the bottom of the Buffalo Jump?

1 Like

The herd introduced agile management practices. The first cow jumped because the user story said the product owner wanted meat, and someone insisted there was no time for intermediate steps like grazing or refrigeration. Then the others were afraid of messing up the burn-down chart and being labeled as under-performers.

6 Likes

It actually is. From Wikipedia:

“In Blackfoot, the name for the site is Estipah-skikikini-kots. According to legend, a young Blackfoot wanted to watch the buffalo plunge off the cliff from below, but was buried underneath the falling buffalo. He was later found dead under the pile of carcasses, where he had his head smashed in.”

6 Likes

you mean to get to the Far Side.

8 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT: Congratulations #13, you’ve officially gone from being a unlucky number to a lucky number, the previous lucky #45 will now be taking your place as a highly unlucky number.

2 Likes

they thought they saw the moon etcetera

News flash: cows are dumb as shit. All it takes is for one cow to start running, and the rest will follow. They don’t know why, and the first one doesn’t wither.

My farmer father often said, “When one cow pisses, they all piss. When one shits, they all shit.” The first said “Cowabunga,” and jumped. The rest is just “wisdom of the crowd.”

I blame @cowicide

9 Likes

Well, Disney already has the track record to do it…

1 Like

Cows rarely have “Climb Free or Die” as a bumper sticker.

2 Likes