Why do the Carters look tiny compared to the Bidens in this photo?

Originally published at: Why do the Carters look tiny compared to the Bidens in this photo? | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Also check out Jimmy’s giant clown feet.

24 Likes

“A president is never late, Rosalynn Carter. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to”. :smirk:

16 Likes

“When taking photos in a smaller space you often don’t have room to move far enough back to get everyone in the frame…”

The real question is why is Jimmy Carter’s living room so small?

4 Likes

I’m surprised that they released that one.

I suppose that if the Bidens were between the Carters, the photographer could have moved in closer but it would have been an odd portrait considering the subject.

3 Likes

It’s probably an appropriate size for an elderly couple who don’t feel a need to impress anyone else. Just another way that the Carters are the polar opposites of the Trumps.

61 Likes

…it was shot by a realtor?

20 Likes

tumblr_20941926c68cbc2d7f5c103c2adea1e0_38856d73_1280

19 Likes

Prediction: Q-dopes will say this is evidence of the Bidens feeding on the Carters “life force energy.”

18 Likes

Exactly - fire the photographer. It’s a really odd composition that at first glance you say, “that’s gotta be shooped!” The more you look at it, the weirder it is (Carter’s huge feet, for instance). The distortion could have been adjusted in post-processing at the very least.

4 Likes

Cool. Our family used to have those same type of chairs in the 80s, except upholstered in silvery-blue velvet.

Very apt. There’s nothing I hate more than going to check out an apartment listing, and finding out it’s actually the size of a walk-in closet.

14 Likes

The Carter’s are in their 90s and people shrink with age?

Which is addressed… but still.

3 Likes

Oh, suuuurrre Rosalynn Carter is still alive Mr President. It’s amazing, I can barely see your lips moving when she talks!

6 Likes

Absolutely. There are any number of tools that will fix that distortion with a single click.

Bad photographer! Bad! No biscuit.

7 Likes

They are also much more modest people, so I wouldn’t expect them to have a huge palace, but a smaller house that feels warm and cozy. Heck, if you told me it’s the same place they’ve lived since his presidency, I wouldn’t be shocked at all. Seems like that kind of person.

11 Likes

And yet their hands are still bigger than Donald Trump’s.

27 Likes

Trumps evolved to have small hands because it is easier to stick them in other people’s pockets.

28 Likes

When I lived in Chicago I viewed an apartment that literally tried to pass off a closet as a bedroom. When I pointed out that one couldn’t even fit a single bed in there, they just kinda sighed the sigh of someone who been told to sell a lie, but agrees with you.

2 Likes

If there was ever a couple that deserved to live forever, it is these two. God bless the Carters.

9 Likes

Looking at the major curve at the bottom of the chairs … yes that is nearly a damn fisheye lens.

5 Likes