Why is it so easy to believe that the UK super-rich have sex with pigs?

Dare I say that your pedantic semantic quibbling rests entirely outside the realm of relevance to the many elements of this story that explain just why it’s, well, as some Americans would put it, such a BFD?

I say old boy, do get with the program! You might start by perusing the many far more informed responses that reside directly above your own far less informed one.

5 Likes

I think sticking your dick in a dead pig’s mouth can be classified safely as deviant, especially if you “examine the phrasing” of “sticking your dick in a dead pig’s mouth”.

7 Likes

No doubt the people defending this as “no big deal”, just a crazy stunt, probably also look down upon the poor, the mentally ill, gay, transgendered, POC, and anyone of any culture other than rich and white as gross, disgusting, deviant.

3 Likes

It’s quite a leap to accuse anyone mentioning that this was likely a stunt done on a dare as also being racist, homophobic, trans-phobic, and disdainful of the poor and mentally ill. Yay, rhetoric?

8 Likes

In some places, being caught urinating in public is classed as “obscene”. I think that’s a relevant term.
In some places, being caught urinating in public can get you on a “Sex Offenders” list. I personally think that is an unjust label. You may disagree. Please do so with less insults.

Just because it involved someones nethers, doesn’t automatically mean erotic sexytime to me - if it does to you, I won’t argue that.

7 Likes

Perhaps this kind of thing sets the mold for rulers, to give them an imperviousness to shame. If these acts also involve cruelty, all the better to teach the scions the stomach for crass power games even though they might lack the ability to rule with foresight and empathy.

3 Likes

Because cats have claws and run too fast.

For a moment, it felt like Hunter S. was still alive. Porcum vos et irrumabo, the new motto of Parliament.

2 Likes

Perhaps Kermit’s new girlfriend was calculated to build public support for the idea!

(The premiere aired less than an hour ago. TOPICAL! also it was awful, don’t watch it)

2 Likes

There is only one way to enjoy hog jowls.

Anything else is obscene.

3 Likes

That was an astute and layered comment on politics, art and culture in the digital age.

The act was portrayed as the most demeaning thing imaginable for the Prime Minister.

If anything, these revelations diminish the impact of that episode. Now it seems the PM would be all like, “Oh no, not again!”

2 Likes

The idea of getting head from Miss Piggy loses some of its allure when you realize that it amounts to a handjob from Frank Oz. Unless you’re into bears, anyway.

7 Likes

And in that case you’d probably prefer Fozzie.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m filing that one away.

“But Officer! I had mild penile frostbite…”

12 Likes

Definitely prefer Fozzie; he has a GSOH. Well, an SOH.

Yeah! I mean, I put my penis inside my pants all the time, and no-one says I’m fucking my boxers! Why is a dead pig so different?!

2 Likes

The “context” you are referring to is the foregone conclusion - supported by countless other facts - that Cameron is an asshole. And the fact that this is supported by very strong evidence makes it impossible to judge adequately whether the pig-fucking is any further evidence or not.
It needs to be taken out of context to be understood, otherwise you’re just engaging in circular reasoning.
“Cameron is an asshole, therefore what he did must be evil, therefore he’s an asshole.”

I for one feel that the outrage about a crazy, transgressive hazing ritual is just a symptom of society’s puritanism. And when people are hating on the right target for the wrong reasons, that makes me vaguely afraid that they will soon hate the wrong targets for similar reasons.
In the end, they will be happily ruled by evil elitists, as long as they aren’t pig-fuckers, and those elitists will step up surveillance in order to catch all those “pig-fuckers, pedophiles, gays, and other rabble”. Not the world I want to live in.

3 Likes

My oh my, that is some very convoluted pearl-clutching.

3 Likes

My oh my, that is a very eloquent, convincing, logical argument, presented in a very friendly way.
Care to give me a hint which part what I said you disagree with, and for what reason?

2 Likes