Will wiping your anus with toilet paper disrupt your hormones?

Originally published at: Will wiping your anus with toilet paper disrupt your hormones? | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Alpha? Pissweak more like.

Will Ferrell GIF by Team Coco

Honestly… Epistemological war is not something I ever prepared for.

Welcome to the Bullshit Age.

16 Likes

“Ancestral Living”

dead wink martindale GIF

(Yes, I know it’s Wink Martindale. He’s actually still alive.)

10 Likes

chkle

laugh

“Do you want to shit like a sabre tooth tiger?”

20 Likes

This looks like some pseudo-scientific fitness-bro gloss on the idiotic right-wing belief that a guy wiping or washing his bum turns him gay (sadly, that idea is actually a thing).

I’m moving more toward bidets myself, but however you do it…

20 Likes

Are bidets paleo?

Or is Crusty here arguing for the return of plastic slipcovers on all furniture?

9 Likes

Ferns.

Forest Perfect Loop GIF by Living Stills

19 Likes

Ah, so this movie was about toilet people!

It all makes sense now.

11 Likes

Ferngully = butt crack.

Checks out :+1:

12 Likes

Wait until they find out water can have hormones in it, back to sand boys…er…“alpha pack leader kings” /s

Eta: more stupid titles, I hope they enjoy their gout.

7 Likes

I feel the need to tell the producers that’s no place to keep a bat.

Even if it has a flared base.

7 Likes

Ancestral movement? Like dying at 35 of cholera?

No thank you, I’ll take my chances with Scott.

11 Likes

Who Cares GIF - Who Cares - Discover & Share GIFs

5 Likes

I’ve read about hormonal effects on fish downstream of pulp and paper mills(apparently some combination of delightful chlorine chemistry in cases where that’s what they are using for bleaching; along with some compounds from the wood and bark itself intended to mess with pests having a nibble but released wholesale when the tree gets mulched down). Is this just a wild extrapolation of that in the service of a good purity taboo; or is there either (A)research in humans or at least (B)some unpleasant sounding stories about how Charmin decided that 2(1),endocrine-disruptase was a cost effective softening and anti-caking agent for toilet paper?

Just in the spirit of the article here’s a study of the effects of a paper mill on the local white sucker population. I realize that this guy isn’t Canadian and I assume that not all his fans are white; but you have to take fish puns where you find them.

12 Likes

Are you man enough to avoid toilet paper? Take the poison ivy challenge!

12 Likes

Still relevant here: Quilted Northern Rustic Weave | Artisanal Toilet Paper - YouTube

4 Likes

The former governor of Florida? I can see that catching on.

4 Likes

You know what else is made with hormone-disrupting chemicals? Plastics. Sadly, that probably will not make him stop touching his keyboard.

8 Likes

Sounds like he took issues that could affect women (dioxins in tampons, PFAs in Thinx period underwear) and made it all about him as a man. But the dioxin issue has already been debunked and dealt with.

4 Likes

I will say that I just got a bidet attachment and now feel like I was living like a cave man all these years.

But I assume this guy is using leaves or something? Or crapping in a river?

3 Likes