With enough mayonnaise, isn't everything edible?

That particular brand of Herring is as sweet as a candy bar. I.e. only acceptable after the pub.

1 Like

This is not an insult to Wingnut Cruz, he just needed to get the taste of that abomination out of his mouth.

6 Likes

OK, then, nevermind… I’ll just stick to, well, perhaps I’ll peruse some other threads before I contemplate actually eating anything.

1 Like

Palate cleanser for ya.

2 Likes

They’re all aspics; what’s the problem?

1 Like

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Mirracle whip
2 1/4 oz canned deviled ham
1 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tbsp chopped pimento
1 tbsp chopped onion

hollow out head of lettuce, stuff with goo, top with more Miracle whip…

(I imagine you could substitute British style corned beef for the deviled ham)

1 Like

I don’t think Taj Mahal in Aspic is a king crimson album I remember, but I’ll check.

2 Likes

You know, cut the cream cheese by 75% and use a smaaall amount of aioli… And that sounds pretty good. Could I get diced cornichons and deviled eggs on the side?

As a not disgusting version of mayo topped food, what do you think of lobster rolls?

I am not a purist, I like decent chunks of lobster tail with a little lobster… Errr… Bits. A small amount of mayo, even less diced onion, even less diced cornichons, and even less minced celery. But with celery salt and a touch of old bay.

And it must be one of those weird sliced and buttered rolls that look like two pieces of bread, and not a hoagie. Top with 1/16 teaspoon of dill and Mustard.

@othermichael bring it. Also are there more north easterners I can piss off?

3 Likes

My wife is getting quite cross with me, but this is important!!!.

It took me a few moments to dig up, but Sauce Gribiche, first put down on ink by Escoffier is the perfect foil for say a deep fried fish sandwich. Not that peasant Tartare sauce.

1 Like

Why am I chasing computer security when I could write a treatise on mayonaise noone would read!?

5 Likes

#Nuge Fluff

1 lg. pkg. strawberry Jello
1 frozen sliced Ted Nugent
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip

Prepare Jello and add crushed Nugent. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Beat in Cool Whip with electric mixer until well mixed. Refrigerate until set.

2 Likes

Something quick and easy you can whip out when you have unexpected guests?

1 Like

Holy crap I used to live in AZ, and while I never went to the Nuge house I did go to Alice coopers restaurant.

It. Is. Depressing.

This is the million dollar glam shot. Like those pics of McDonald’s food that look nothing like the food. The pasta looks like Vomit and the hotdog is dry and undressed.

I am going to vere into mean territory here. Tear me down.

I expected a sort of theatrical, funny ha-ha, goth-esque atmosphere, with I dunno character and amusement.

It consisted of unreadable menus, scared servers with barely any eye-shadow (and I’m talking about the Alice homages), terrible food, and real indifference. I forgave the indifference since that is at least authentic.

sigh the server dude that asked literally, " do you want, uh, maybe a… Beer?" I wanted to drag him to SF china town on Thursday night at 1:30 am. “Have you ever been outside of Phoenix!? Ever!?”

80% of those I posed that question to said no.

rant over

3 Likes

God after almost four years I can’t get over it. If you work at Alice Cooper town, do you wear cargo shorts and an old Hollister t shirt!?

snort

It made me so disappointed.

Cornish was the exact opposite. I could see every employee as the son or daughter of a Tin miner.

1 Like

Great recipe, but I’m having trouble procuring fresh free range Nuge. Oh, it calls for frozen. I skimmed over the ingredients the first time. Doesn’t sound so hot on rereading.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of fresh Nuge since the 70s.

4 Likes

I am up with lobster rolls. I’m not a big lobster eater, but I like 'em in a roll every so often. I do like them with a little salady stuff in there. It makes a nice day to head out to the End of Long Island where it’s all farms and vineyards and stop for lobster rolls and beer.

3 Likes

#Remington avec de la mayonnaise

Ingredients

• 6 extra-large egg yolks
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 1 -3 cup white wine
  • 2 -3 pinches saffron
  • 1 lemon, rind of
  • Remington 512 Sportsmaster (or similar bolt-action rifle)
  • 2 cups olive oil

Directions

1. Infuse by combining saffron, lemon peel and rifle into a pot.
  2. Boil the ingredients with white wine, and heat until the mixture is almost dry (but not so dry as to induce sparks!)
  3. Let the mixture come all the way down to room temperature.
  4. Then place the mixture in the food processor As you are blending, add six whole cloves of garlic and six egg yolks.
  5. Make sure everything is completely pureed before drizzling in about two cups of olive oil.
  6. By the time your mixture is nice and thick, you’re done.
  7. (If the processor binds up, splash in a little water!).
3 Likes

This is in the wrong thread.

And the question is… Will it blend?