With Illinois primary win, Trump gets GOP nomination

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/17/with-illinois-primary-win-tru.html

2 Likes

Sorry - was there a Republican Primary happening? (S)

10 Likes

burningcross

18 Likes

Illinois Nazis.

14 Likes

The Republican ballot in Illinois only listed Trump and only listed electors who would vote for Trump. Even if you wrote in a different candidate, you wouldn’t get the electors to make it real anyway.

I would have expected that in other states, but Illinois? The party is now lock, stock and barrel behind this incompetent huckster.

11 Likes

Minnesota only had Trump on the ballot, people at the polls were saying not many people came in to effectively say, “Yeah! Keep going in a straight line!” (downward)

The GOP loves anti-choice.

6 Likes

Taking the skinheads bowling, take them bowling … did not seem to do the trick.

4 Likes

It did until the internet came around.

2 Likes

You mean to say, despite all he’s said and done, despite the pandemic, the tanking stock market, the abuse, the incompetence, the sheer bloody ignorance, the misplaced arrogance – there are still people thinking of voting for Trump? Unbelievable.

3 Likes

“But the Republicans forgot one thing … Monsters, John! Monsters from the Id …!”

– Redacted scene from Forbidden Planet (1956)

5 Likes

Government Of Putin?

4 Likes

Que the inevitable twitler raving this morning: “Historic primary win! Huge! Fastest to secure nomination. People are saying biggest primary win ever!”

2 Likes

I hate Illinois nazis!

10 Likes

I guess they aren’t finished watching the world burn after all. They want even more winning.That or they don’t want to change elephants mid-shitstream. Keep backing the guy whose butt is occasionally in the big chair when he’s not golfing.

2 Likes

I’ll break out the “Congratulations Fat Piece of Shit” banner

3 Likes

7 Likes

tumblr_p7ep0m1Rx51rpduwho1_500

1 Like

With no one else ON the primary ballot for those who vote Republican, getting one vote in a state would be enough to declare him a winner.

4 Likes

So now the choice is between a seemingly-amiable dottard and an evil nacissist. Guess I’m voting for the dottard.

3 Likes

Forgive the naive question, but this seems… weird, right?

I admit I don’t remember the entirety of presidential primaries in my life, but the incumbent usually runs against… someone, right? And there are debates? And it may look a little like there may be a race? Right?

Is this as— er— unprecedented as this feels?