Woman accuses restaurant patrons of eating her "little girl"

Frankly, all I’m seeing here is some bad acting, in a restaurant that had fewer patrons than the posse that she brought in with her. I’ve got vegan friends, but if I’d been tucking into a steak when she walked in, I do believe that I’d have picked it up with both hands and started tearing it into it with my teeth while growling loudly. You know, like many of her “animal friends” do. (Chickens are descended from dinosaurs.)

Many groups choose leaders who are mentally unstable. Many states and nations do as well.

4 Likes

It’s here, but just very pricey.

It would seem that the activists holding signs outnumber patrons by 10 - 1. It feels like they marched into that restaurant between the lunch and dinner shifts….

Psychiatrists call this “reality testing,” and not doing it is a symptom of problems.

3 Likes

If “doing something differently” includes screaming at me about my lifestyle choices when I’m in the middle of enjoying a nice lunch for which I paid good money, then, yep, I plead guilty to being hostile and prejudiced, yeronner. Where do I go to pay th’ fine??

4 Likes

Looooots of annoying young people in that video.

I think in such cases, as many people as possible should stand up and talk like a ‘Peanuts’ cartoon parent, every time the ranter speaks. Once the idiot realizes she cannot be understood, her power is gone. This should be called “Peanutting”.

3 Likes

I’m not sure chopping up tofu to look like meat and what not really counts as technology. Nor is the use of things like agar (despite the fact that we microbiologists use it to fill petri dishes for our bacteria, the Japanese have been using it as their version of Jello for a very long time). I’m talking about the “Organic! No GMOs!” labels. Given that vat-grown meat would presumably arise from genetically modified animal cells, I doubt the typical vegan Whole Foods shopper would approve.

Entering a private business and spewing nonsense is not covered by the 1st Amendment. The management would have been well with in their rights if they grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and tossed her into the street.

1 Like

VPD (Vegan Personality Disorder)

4 Likes

What a bunch of fruitcakes. They must have been terribly disappointed when nobody tried to argue with them or forcibly remove them from the premises.

I think people on piling on her, not vegans.

If she was a meat eater who went into a vegan restaurant and did the same thing about broccoli I know I’d still have the same opinion of her.

7 Likes

Surely it’s better to use the entire animal, or at least as much as possible? The problem with Westernised meat is that we’ve rejected the connection to its source.

1 Like

eating Farming meat is ethically dubious

You must have misread*. I was responding to a poster who was remembering someone’s post from a previous thread in which they bemoaned the fact of people doing things along the same lines as “screaming at me about my lifestyle choices when I’m in the middle of enjoying a nice lunch for which I paid good money” shit, but the screamers are people like you and the victims are people like that poster.

*I know you didn’t. It’s fun to be hostile and prejudiced from the safety of your room, isn’t it?

Your anecdotal experiences align very well with my 30-ish years of veg/pescetarianism. I’m not seeing a lot of vegans getting piled-on in this particular thread, but in meat-space, I’ve been berated for daring to not eat cow, bird or pig far too many times to bother counting anymore. Years ago I stopped mentioning it unless I absolutely needed to.

3 Likes

I’m more of the “great, more for me!” variety.

3 Likes

We need more fancified bananas in this world. :wink:

1 Like

I was vegan for almost 10 years, I never once had a meat eater tell me I should eat meat, the closest thing I ever experienced was curious disbelief in lack of bacon and cheese, which even I understood the bewilderment of, but then again I never judged any meat eaters about their diet, and in fact was open about “to each their own” which immediately made them relax and be cool towards my choices as well.

I did have fellow vegans chastise me though because I regularly went out to eat with my friends who were meat eaters. I was cool with my friends choices and they were cool with mine, but many of my fellow vegans would say things like “how can you eat with them?” “aren’t you disgusted?” “the horror!” they were revolted and didn’t get how come i wasn’t trying to convert everyone i met, after all these people were “murderers who were destroying the planet!!!” in all the vegan circles i traveled in, i never once met another vegan like me who could sit down next to a steak eater and break bread without judging the pants off of them. Not saying they don’t exist, just that an attitude of acceptance is rare indeed in that circle and there is a definite agenda. On the contrary, meat eaters aren’t trying to covert anyone because there is no meat eater agenda, they don’t care what other people eat and typically haven’t even given it any thought, if you are getting any “flack” or “push back” or “judgment” from a meat eater then likely you’ve either judged them first (possibly without even realizing) or they’ve recently been judged by your fellow vegan and feel like they need to defend their position. The only conceivable reason a meat eater has for being down on a vegan or vegetarian is if they are feeling defensive after being judged by one in the past. Letting them know you are cool with with their choices and your choices are your own for personal reasons typically immediately defuses any potential situation. Just a thought from someone who has been on both sides of the fence and has a pretty clear perspective on both cultures.

Food can either be a very touchy subject or a great way to connect and span cultures and groups. It is the core of who we are in many ways. Nothing better then sharing food with friends, and often rewarding sharing it with strangers.

4 Likes